Caching? Or performance problem? Topic is solved

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
blahblahwhatever

Caching? Or performance problem?

Post by blahblahwhatever »

Hello,

I have a small blog, Bootstrap 4.x, you can see it here:
https://webastyczny.pl/blog/

What I have observed, and a friend of mine too (I have been ignoring this up to now) is that when I enter the page, the text appears a little later.
Can it be loading special font? But it's local, as a file being part of the page...

Or is it something else? Has anyone seen something like this?
Do you have this effect when you enter the page?
It's like everything appears super fast and the text after some 0.5 seconds...

Thanks,

EDIT:
OK so it's the fonts that are loaded from cli : ( I'll have to organize this...
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Caching? Or performance problem?

Post by DIGI3 »

Sounds like you're on the right track, but yeah the fonts are 404. You've also got a few javascript errors in the console, and the main image takes a full 2 seconds to load even though it's not super large - which could mean the server is a bit underpowered or oversold, among other things. There's also a few html errors early on which can cause a cascade of problems, all which take a bit of time to resolve.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
creopard
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by creopard »

Yes it's the 404 fonts that blocks the rendering:

(sorry the image gets heavily compressed during upload to the forum)
Attachments
404.jpg
blahblahwhatever

Oh, thank you all for responding! Wow.

OK, so generally this was a font path issue... strangely, although I have .htaccess with rewritebase as /blog
the path to fonts had to be /blog/uploads/etc/etc/etc/... not /uploads more directly.
Is there a way to add a base for such situation in config.php?

As for the fonts, I also had strange naming, don't remember if I generated webfonts from ttf and the tool I used (don't remember) made such strange names which I didn't write in the css...

@DIGI3 which image? Here 240521_nocodelowcodetrojmiasto.jpg being the largest (251 kilos) loads in 158 ms? Location is Poland, the server is a hybrid VPS (managed) - not a monster but still, not exceeding RAM / CPU / IO at all...
blahblahwhatever

Hey, moderator - I am unable to edit the first post and add "solved"? How do I do that?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I have marked it as solved (which locks the thread), I think you can't do that yet as a new forum user.

It was that image, but perhaps just not a good path between your server and me in Canada. As for config, you can set the root_url and uploads_url there, among other things (not sure if showbase would also be relevant in this case) - see https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/configur ... -reference

Personally I find it better to use absolute paths in css, usually [[root_url]] or [[uploads_url]].
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”