deleted pages not really gone? (0.12.1)

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

deleted pages not really gone? (0.12.1)

Post by kermit »

this was a clean install of 0.12.1, with default data.

i had just picked random pages to start entering site data and organizing pages, moving the pages i was in, out of whatever nav parent they were under and into the site root.

i've done it this way before, usually preferring to leave some default content in place as i fix up the template and css (and depending on the expected layout to be used, i pick and choose various default pages to keep for the time being).

i ended up not working on the template right away, so i just deleted the rest of the default pages, and a couple of 'placeholder' pages i had made but didn't use, and then arranged the remaining three (now 4 with a sitemap that's hidden from the menu) pages.

the problems:

there are gaps in the numbering sequence (far left column) of the pages in the admin's page list.

there's a couple of deleted pages showing up in the site map.

see attached images.

in addition:

the 'home' page (first in the sitemap and is the actual 'home' page) has an alias of 'home', while 'home page' (listed 3rd in the sitemap) is one of those placeholders i ended up deleting earlier, it had the alias at the time of 'index'.

now, i cannot edit the actual 'home' page and change it's alias to 'index' (what i want it to be) because cmsms thinks that alias is already taken.  note that 'page 3' in the sitemap is also one of those deleted placeholder pages.).

and yes, the original contents of those phantom pages (when i last saved them) is what displays when you click their links in the sitemap.

i likely wouldn't have noticed anything wierd if i hadn't made the sitemap and saw the phantom pages listed in it...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Last edited by kermit on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: deleted pages not really gone? (0.12.1)

Post by Russ »

Try clearing out you cache in CMS Admin e.g.  Admin / Global Settings / Clear Cache
And then clear your browser caches.

Russ
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

cleared the site and client caches and that didn't do anything...

there was some leftover junk in the database relating to these phantom pages which i manually took out with phpmyadmin. hopefully i didn't break anything in there, this one *is* a client site. :)
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

So is it now working kermit?

Russ
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

I can't say I've ever seen this one.  And I did a lot of page deleting when I added the bulk delete stuff in 0.12.1.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

i got the site working by cleaning up the database manually, but that doesn't address whatever caused the wierdness in the first place.

wishy: i will try to recreate on da bunny.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Great, thanks!

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”