dropdown menu appears behind pi_iframe content in firefox

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
buddyb

dropdown menu appears behind pi_iframe content in firefox

Post by buddyb »

hi folks,

i have the problem that the dropdown menu of the Layout CSSMenu Horiz 1C template/stylesheet appears behind the content page if it contains pi_iframe content in firefox. on ie6 it works fine appearing front of content?!?

inside the pi_frame there are different types of pages like wecam gallery or chat, and in each case the same problem? - any ideas
you can look at the problem at http://boris.badura.pointclark.net

thanks!
Last edited by buddyb on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
URAN

Re: dropdown menu appears behind pi_iframe content in firefox

Post by URAN »

In my Mozzila looks normally... Bad in Opera browser - you will not be able to see dropdown content onmouseover
buddyb

Post by buddyb »

thanks for the opera advice - have to find a walkaround here. but in mozilla i have still the problem. i temporary kind of solved it by moving the menu bar at the top. but the problem is stillt here... u can see  it in detai if home content is open and u would try to open "diverses->administration->speedtest" then u are not able to klick at the button because its behind the content page (happens only on longer menus when they touch the content area)
davidL

Post by davidL »

can this problem maybe be fixed with css "z-index" ??  Making sure that in the css file you have a higher z-index on the menu id then you have on the block where the iframe is placed?  :-\
I don't know how iframes work and I'm no expert in css, but I would have given it a try
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

this same problem exists in firefox for flash videos, and setting the z-index did not solve the problem therer.  Not sure what can be done, I think it's a mozilla/ff bug.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
buddyb

Post by buddyb »

it works partly now, i figured out that it has to have got to do with the iframe command. so i used the standard html editor and implemented the code from the prviosly used iframed html's directly (the editor scrambled up my codes and therfore my javascripts didnt work at all).
but on the pages where i have to use the iframe command the problem still presits. i.g. when the gallery is shown, the content menus are still cropped. the funny thing about is that 'speedtest' is also in an iframe like gallery2, here it isn't cropped on the top borderline althogh it opens behind text.
the same with webcams, some work, some not, allthough they are no longer framed?
i'm also using firefox1.5.0.1 on xp

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”