{stylesheet} in CMS Made Simple 0.12-beta1

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
LeisureLarry

{stylesheet} in CMS Made Simple 0.12-beta1

Post by LeisureLarry »

Why does the stylesheet-tag add the following code?

I don´t use RSS-feeds and many others also, therefore I think this should only be added using a parameter.
Last edited by LeisureLarry on Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: {stylesheet} in CMS Made Simple 0.12-beta1

Post by Ted »

The News module outputs that.  You can turn it off with the Show Feed Auto-Discovery Link option in the News options tab.
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

Found it thanks, but shouldn´t this feature be off by default and not on?

Just a thought.

Greats Larry
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Not sure how people would feel about that.  It's nice to have the RSS "just work" in this fashion if you're using the News module.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

wishy wrote: Not sure how people would feel about that.  It's nice to have the RSS "just work" in this fashion if you're using the News module.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
if news is publically acceessible.. then what the heck, rss ain't going away.. now that mr. bill has embraced it...

if someone wants to turn them off to force people to their site to read (for ad views, whatever).. then they can turn it off.  news is not present in the default install except one demonstration; you have to decide to add news content AND go to a separate area to do so, so why aren't people looking at the options tab to see what's in there? :)   

although perhaps there should be mention of the rss feed feature and where to enable/disable it in the default site's content..

i'd actually like to see additonal flexibility in placing those rss feed links for 'live bookmarks'... such as being able to add one to specific pages even if news is not being displayed on that page... or even multiple feeds on pages (by definable criteria)
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

OK, as I´m the only one, I would have another wish :-D

My template looks like:

My Page - {title}

{metadata}
{stylesheet}

and I get:

My Page - Startseite

Why all this linebreaks? And why no linebreak before the end of the head?

Greats LeisureLarry
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Not sure.  I never really paid that much attention to the linebreaks in the resultant html source...
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

And I´m caring much  ;D

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”