upgrading a 1.4.1 to 1.5.1

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
JeremyBASS

upgrading a 1.4.1 to 1.5.1

Post by JeremyBASS »

ok.. so I did a few site upgrades to 1.5.1 from 1.4.1... but here is an odd one.. I put full 1.5.1 copy over writing all files... and ran upgrade and all was good in there.. but I go to login... and nothing.. no error, just back to the log in...

no hack files. as there would have been over writen with the file updates... nothing different in the db... any one else have this.. anyone know what happened?

thanks jeremyBass
JeremyBASS

Re: upgrading a 1.4.1 to 1.5.1

Post by JeremyBASS »

ok... so trying to do a full install... I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetRow() on a non-object in /home/content/j/e/r/jeremyleebass3/html/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 360

fun stuff...
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

I'm not going to test it through.. Just over install everything as I can't wait... but... this is not a sloved thing.. ...

Laterz
Jude
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Jude »

JeremyBASS wrote: ok... so trying to do a full install... I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetRow() on a non-object in /home/content/j/e/r/jeremyleebass3/html/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 360

fun stuff...
Got same error announcement. I just couldn't solve it other way than installing everything from scratch. Happyhappy joyjoy .....

Took few hours and everything was almost ok.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

yeah... it was fun for me too... joy joy
alby

Post by alby »

1.5+:
in step 1 there is the checksum test of uploaded files.

My advice is use this

Alby
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

for what it's worth, I did... don't know what happen... all other upgardes went fine...
dwave
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dwave »

Hi Jeremy,
I had the same problem on one of the servers that I upgraded. In my PHP error.log I found some obscure error message in one of the previously installed modules. I put the backup back in place, deactivated ALL modules and did the upgrade again, this time it worked.
It's still some work to get some of the modules back up and running but it's far less work than to put all the content back into a fresh installation.

HTH,
David

[edit: fixed typo]
--
hexdj
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by hexdj »

I was trying to do the same... upgrade 1.4.1 to 1.5.1 and when I would try to run install/upgrade.php absolutely nothing happened... just a blank page, same with trying to run the full install, so I can't even make use of the checksum file. Unfortunately, the host for this website gives me no access to logs, so I have no clue what to do.

I tried re-uploading several times with no luck, same results. So I had to simply go back to 1.4.1, just uploaded these version's files as the installation for the other version never took place.

Previous upgrades on this same website went fine. Anybody else experiencing this?

EDIT:
Never mind, I just saw alby's post here:
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 795.0.html
Will check and see if any of the things mentioned there work for me.
Last edited by hexdj on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”