"Apply" converts page to UTF-8, despite settings

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
pozmu
Forum Members
Forum Members

"Apply" converts page to UTF-8, despite settings

Post by pozmu »

Hi

Problem I found - if I use ISO-8859-2 encoding (probably any encoding other than UTF-8), clicking "Apply" button when editing page will result in UTF-8 encoded page. Clicking "Submit" button fixes page, bringing ISO-8859-2 encoding back.

I'm pretty sure it's xajax issue. From xajax encoding tutorial (http://xajaxproject.org/wiki/Tutorials: ... _and_xajax):
Regardless of the encoding you have set, the data will arrive from your javascript encoded in UTF-8. Use the $xajax->decodeUTF8InputOn() method to enable automatic decoding from UTF-8 to the character encoding you have set.
I tried using decodeUTF8InputOn(), but somehow, it doesn't help.
I tried using it just after xajax object creation in admin/editcontent.php and by setting $this->bDecodeUTF8Input = true; in xajax function declaration in /lib/xajax/xajax.inc.php.

To make things more interesting, editing news works like a charm even without decodeUTF8InputOn(), which looks really strange. (ignore this, I was too tired, news doesn't use (x)ajax). Anyway, I'm not goint to dig any deeper, because ISO-8859-2 breaks other things as well, e.g. version for printing, so it's more complicated issue.
Last edited by pozmu on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre M.

Re: "Apply" converts page to UTF-8, despite settings

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello pozmu,

if it is an xajax issue don't worry : xajax seems to be removed in 2.0.
See http://blog.cmsmadesimple.org/2008/02/1 ... ong-again/

You have a workaround for 1.2.x but if you want to report the bug, please do it in the forge : the devteam can't track bugs in the forum (too easy to miss a valuable post as yours).

Pierre M.
pozmu
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pozmu »

Pierre M. wrote: Hello pozmu,

if it is an xajax issue don't worry : xajax seems to be removed in 2.0.
See http://blog.cmsmadesimple.org/2008/02/1 ... ong-again/

You have a workaround for 1.2.x but if you want to report the bug, please do it in the forge : the devteam can't track bugs in the forum (too easy to miss a valuable post as yours).

Pierre M.
Well, it's not directly xajax issue, it's something between xajax and CMS Made Simple.

I don't understand what are you talking about workaround?

And yes, I was going to post is as a bug, I was just waiting for activation e-mail.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

pozmu wrote: Clicking "Submit" button fixes page, bringing ISO-8859-2 encoding back.
This is what I call "workaround".

Thank you for filing the bug in the forge.

Pierre M.
cte2087

Post by cte2087 »

I just recently have experienced something similar with the "Apply" button. I made edits to a template and used the "Apply" button instead of the "Submit" button and now my site doe not even show up. I get a completely blank browser when I visit the URL. Does anyone else have this problem or something similar. Do I need to provide the actual link or more information to get some input?

thanks

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”