Where i can see something it's real written

Discussion of the documentation project.
piratos

Where i can see something it's real written

Post by piratos »

This is the question.
My english is not the best so i can't write an english handbook.

But here in german i would say -: laber laber bumm - es passiert nichts.

Many words of structure, design and other things but no realy work. In the  meantime the nasa send a spaceshuttle to the mars.
Last edited by piratos on Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Where i can see something it's real written

Post by nils73 »

Well spoken, Piratos. Indeed, nothing has been written. Indeed, there is no ready written handbook yet. Maybe I am to blame for this because [...] ---> simply fill in the brackets. The structure is there and has partially been entered into CMS made simple at http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/ --- that is all we have right now. I don't want to blame anyone but myself for not having contributed anything in the last weeks. I have been working on a layout for the documentation website and I am not satisfied with it. So I put the project aside and I will pick it up once again this weekend.

And by the way: Even in Germany some people are more polite and choose their words more careful.

Regards,
Nils
petert
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by petert »

nils73 wrote: And by the way: Even in Germany some people are more polite and choose their words more careful.
Piratos has already left the building :)
Mambo sucks, that's why I am here.
Now they call it Joomla, but it still sucks!

CMSMS rules!
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

Piratos has already left the building
Was there something I have missed?
Woudloper

Post by Woudloper »

nils73 wrote: [...] The structure is there and has partially been entered into CMS made simple at http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/ --- that is all we have right now.
The structure of the 'docs' site looks very well if I may say so myself. If everything can be filled with actual data this would really give the CMS Made Simple a boost.
I don't want to blame anyone but myself for not having contributed anything in the last weeks. I have been working on a layout for the documentation website and I am not satisfied with it. So I put the project aside and I will pick it up once again this weekend.
What do you mean with 'I have been working on a new layout', as I don't see a new layout on the docs.cmsmadesimple.org site. Maybe you could use something like the www.cmsmadesimple.org layout as this looks very nice.
petert
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by petert »

nils73 wrote:
Piratos has already left the building
Was there something I have missed?
What I make of it is this: he had problems with the way ADO was implemented in CMSMS. He had all kinds of memory problems on his server, he blamed those problems on the implementation.
I and several other explained to him that he was wrong, that it must have been his server setup.

I guess in the end he just got fed up and has choosen to go do something else.

CMSMS rules!
petert
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by petert »

nils73 wrote: Maybe you could use something like the www.cmsmadesimple.org layout as this looks very nice.
I use designs from http://www.elated.com/pagekits/
It takes about 10 minutes to turn a design into a CMSMS template

CMSMS rules!
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

I use designs from http://www.elated.com/pagekits/
It takes about 10 minutes to turn a design into a CMSMS template
Of course you can use default templates, but the docs shouldn't be just docs. They should be docs & showcase as one. At least that was the plan when we started with documentation. Showcase means best practice. And this brings me back to unique design, best usability and as far as I am concerned accessibility. That is what I am trying to put together along with a navigation that is easy to use, extend and maintain. And of course it should look like CMS made simple looks ... it is not just copy and paste job. But that is only my 0.02 EUR ... everybody is invited to join the design discussion and suggest what we should do. I'd like to create something that is at least as accessible as the NatKo-project I have been working on. But maybe I am all wrong here .. hm ... let's hear what you guys and girls think!

Regards,
Nils

Return to “[locked] Documentation0ld”