Test - an article for the documentation

Discussion of the documentation project.
Woudloper

Test - an article for the documentation

Post by Woudloper »

Although I really would like to work with a wiki for the documentation * I tried something out for creating a first part for the documentation. I skipped the 'about' and the 'install & run' section and started with the first section in the 'basic use'.

Logging in

Before you can actual work with 'CMS Made Simple' you need to login to the administration console. The first time this can be done with the admin useraccount which has been created during the 'installation process' [ insert link ] .

1. Navigate to the admin console, mostly this is http://www.mydomain.com/admin (or http://www.mydomain.com/cms/admin).
2. Now the login screen is displayed (see attached image).
3. Fill in your userid/password
4. Click the submit button

If the userid/password are OK, you will be moved to the 'main' section within the administration console. When you have provided the wrong userid/password than you will be prompted with a message that either the userid or the password is incorrect and you need to fill in the correct one.

Other people can also login to the administration console, but then they first need to be created [ insert link ] .
Is this more-or-less the idea how we can create documentation for 'CMS Made Simple'? If so we must be able to make this a community project and all create some parts of the documentation.

* See other post. If I may say so mediawiki is the best and is fully skinable (with just css, see e.g. mozilla.org). Furthermore working with a wiki makes it easier to work in other languages.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Last edited by Woudloper on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Test - an article for the documentation

Post by nils73 »

Woudloper,

This is exactly how it should be. As little text as possible. Some images (though we will need to have multiple images for the localized translations then) and then have it entered into CMSMS help ... I will do this with your login-text now so there goes the first content then.

Regards,
Nils
westis

Post by westis »

Looks great to me!

What do you think if we could have a sub-forum where all the articles are posted and being proof-read by anyone before they are published officially on the docs site? In that way we'll make sure that there are no mistakes and that it will be easily understandable to all. They could be there for like a week for people to read and suggest corrections.

If so, we would then need a guideline on how to write corrections & suggestions.
Woudloper

Post by Woudloper »

The idea of a subforum is great to me. In that way several persons can create parts for the documentation and the leaders of the documentation group can put to the information to the website...
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

I perfectly agree with that. Good idea.

Return to “[locked] Documentation0ld”