Unstable after upgrade to 2.2.18

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
musicscore
Power Poster
Power Poster

Unstable after upgrade to 2.2.18

Post by musicscore »

Hey there.

After upgrading to 2.2.18 three of my website looks unstable.
After some time suddenly I have to clear the cache to get the website up-and-running.
I even sometime have to copy the corefiles to the server again (looks like one of the files is damaged) otherwise I receive a error 500.
At first I thought it was the menu manager but by replacing this by navigator on one of the sites did not solve the problem.

Does someone have any tip.

I still running php 7.4. Do I need to upgrade to php 8.x ?

Please help.
creopard
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Unstable after upgrade to 2.2.18

Post by creopard »

Are all the three websites located on the same webhosting provider?
Did you transfer the files using "binary" or "ascii" as FTP transfer method?`

Why not go the full step and upgrade to 2.2.20 and use PHP 8.x directly? Maybe that will do the trick?
musicscore
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by musicscore »

Thank you for your response/answer /tips.

Are all the three websites located on the same webhosting provider?
Yes, But because of this problem I Transfered all my websites to a new hoster because I expected the problem was caused by the hoster. Same problem here.

Did you transfer the files using "binary" or "ascii" as FTP transfer method?`
Not shure. I used the method I always used (Using CMSMS now almost 20 years)

Why not go the full step and upgrade to 2.2.20 and use PHP 8.x directly? Maybe that will do the trick?
I will try. Did not update to 2.2.20 because of the fact that the site were still using menu-manager
Menu-manager not support by 2.2.20
creopard
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by creopard »

To my understanding Menu-Manager will still exist in 2.2.20, if it was present previously, but it won't get any further updates in regards to PHP8.x
mmanager.jpg
But before trying that, a backup is advisable :)
musicscore
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by musicscore »

In the log I find this error message a lot :

[27-May-2024 12:17:58 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/tjja/public_html/tmp/templates_c/d537bf3c237ffac6cf7b373b7dd17497ea43ae1c_0.tpl_body.5.cache.php on line 67

[27-May-2024 05:33:46 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught LogicException: Configuration error... mysqli functions are not available in /home/tjja/public_html/lib/classes/Database/mysqli/class.Connection.php:16
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

The warning you can ignore, but the mysqli error usually indicates that the mysqli extension isn't loaded. The fact that the site works sometimes is odd in this case though, it's as if the extension is shutting down periodically. It seems like a hosting issue, but I imagine switching PHP versions (migrate from MenuManager then go to PHP 8.1) will probably solve it too.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”