Which design is 'active'

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
cawstein
Forum Members
Forum Members

Which design is 'active'

Post by cawstein »

Only one Design is marked as 'Default'. I want to know which Design is 'Active' (I.e. which templates and stylesheets are attached to my website.)
Do you think by 'Default' the document write meant 'Active?

(I change the Navigator::Navigation template attached to my design from one template to another and nothing changes to the appearance of the site.)
chrisbt
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Which design is 'active'

Post by chrisbt »

Starting with your 'home' page check which 'Design' & 'Template' are selected for that page. For that 'Design' use Design Manager to see which Stylesheets are attached to that 'Design'.

Each page can use a different 'Design' & 'Template' (if you wish to), but all pages are probably using the same 'Design' & 'Template' unless you have changed them.

Navigator Template - this will depend on the code in the page 'Template' being used. If the 'default' Navigator template is being used, i.e. just the {Navigator} tag is used in the template. Then you can change the Navigator template being used simply by changing the 'default' Navigator template in the Design Manager. Or use {Navigator template='new-navigator-template'} in the page template.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

The Designs feature is mostly for grouping templates and attaching stylesheets, it's not quite the same as some other CMSs where you have a 'live' design and others that aren't live. In CMSMS they're all active, setting one to default mostly just means when you're creating a page, it will default to that design and its default page template.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
cawstein
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cawstein »

Thanks both. Problem solved. That problem is simple once you bump into the solution; completely insoluble till then. I think I now have a working 'site'. A step on the way anyway.
jamesmccoy

Post by jamesmccoy »

Hi there,

How do I change the Navigator template in the Design Manager? If I need to create a design color scheme for color blind users, for instance?
Thanks.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You edit one or create your own, then either set it to default for your design, or reference it in the tag {Navigator template='mynavtemplate'}
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
jamesmccoy

Post by jamesmccoy »

DIGI3 Dev Team Member pro
You edit one or create your own, then either set it to default for your design, or reference it in the tag {Navigator template='mynavtemplate'}
Thanks. Will try to create my own template then.

Return to “CMSMS Core”