CMSMS 1.11 - Galapagos

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
msaluste

Re: CMSMS 1.11 - Galapagos

Post by msaluste »

After upgrading to 1.11 (or 1.11.1), the following User Defined Tag caused errors:

Code: Select all

$gCms = cmsms();
$nofb = array("home","how-to-use","faq","contact-form","sitemap","google-custom-search","news","site-news","archived-news","testbed","search-results");
$nohd = array("news","site-news","archived-news");
$smarty = $gCms->GetSmarty();
$smarty->assign('no_fb',$nofb);
$smarty->assign('no_hd',$nohd);
The error is:
Error: at line 806 in file /data01/.../lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:

Full trace:

#0 /data01/.../tmp/templates_c/baaf7c1758d71bcdac855b8611e8c0b1008e3798.tpl_body.46.php(147): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->__call('capture_error', Array)
#1 /data01/.../tmp/templates_c/baaf7c1758d71bcdac855b8611e8c0b1008e3798.tpl_body.46.php(147): Smarty_CMS->capture_error()
#2 /data01/.../lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_502c179b65b033_60058051(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#3 /data01/.../lib/classes/class.Smarty_CMS.php(334): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('tpl_body:46', 'p363', NULL, NULL, false, false, false)
#4 /data01/.../index.php(239): Smarty_CMS->fetch('tpl_body:46')
#5 {main}
The UDT has been working in my template for ages, what is wrong with it now?
rotezecke
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by rotezecke »

I just tried this in 1.11.1 and got no error.

also tried

$nofb = array("home","how-to-use","faq","contact-form","sitemap","google-custom-search","news","site-news","archived-news","testbed","search-results");
$nohd = array("news","site-news","archived-news");
$smarty = cmsms()->GetSmarty();
$smarty->assign('no_fb',$nofb);
$smarty->assign('no_hd',$nohd);
and still no error {$no_fb|print_r} shows what is to be expected.
msaluste

Post by msaluste »

Thanks for the answer, rotezecke.
Maybe I was not clear enough. The UDT is named no_feedback. UDT runs fine from Admin Panel and I can save and modify it without errors.
My site also runs as long as there is no {no_feedback} included in the template. If I try to add the UDT to template, it displays the error described in my previous post.
If I add {$no_fb|print_r} and {$no_hd|print_r} to the template, the output for both is "1".
I also discovered today that opening any news item ends with 404 error.
thyzz

Post by thyzz »

jackstringer wrote:Running CMSMS 1.11.1

I have had an issue with 1 site after upgrade. I kept getting connection reset on the main page. But I can log into admin and all is well until I go to create a page or edit a page then I get,

Fatal error: Class 'CMS_Content_block' not found in /var/www/vhosts/midwesthusaberg.co.uk/httpdocs/lib/classes/contenttypes/Content.inc.php on line 468
I have the exact same error. No solution yet
thyzz

Post by thyzz »

Ok it removed the error message.
But when I want to creating a new page I can't add content as the content block isn't shown :(
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

If you change core files you will get absolutely NO SUPPORT, that is why I deleted your previous post, read the forum rules...
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nicmare »

still can't use UDTs in CMSMS 1.11.1 Admin area :'(
otsakir
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by otsakir »

I came accross the same "capture_error" in a Products summary template. I tried succesfully to reproduce the problem in a simple page. Here is the code that causes the error:

{assign var="page_numbers" value="1"|range:"4"}
{foreach from=$page_numbers item=num}

{capture name="foo"}bar{/capture}
    {translate text="asdf"}

{/foreach}
and here is the stack trace:

Error: at line 806 in file /var/www/jewels/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:

Call of unknown method 'capture_error'.

Full trace:

#0 /var/www/jewels/tmp/templates_c/e7a33f8c2d10160328e1211bb1123379590bf9fd.string.php(42): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->__call('capture_error', Array)
#1 /var/www/jewels/tmp/templates_c/e7a33f8c2d10160328e1211bb1123379590bf9fd.string.php(42): Smarty_CMS->capture_error()
#2 /var/www/jewels/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_50378758b246b1_99271250(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#3 /var/www/jewels/lib/classes/class.Smarty_CMS.php(334): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('string:
The {translate...} tag refers to module MleCS 1.11.3. The problem first appeared when i upgraded to CmsMS 1.11.1. I thought it had to do with the upgrade itself so i tried a fresh installation. But the problem insisted.

PS. I used the range() just to run a loop since i had no products array in the testing environment.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

{assign var="page_numbers" value="1"|range:"4"}
{foreach from=$page_numbers item=num}

{capture name="foo"}bar{/capture}
    {translate text="asdf"}

{/foreach}
Tried this (without the translate stuff, as that isn't a core tag.... and had no problems.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
clemmy

Post by clemmy »

Hello to everybody,

I'm trying to upgrade my cmsms installation from 1.10.2 to 1.11.1 and I'm getting the same error already reported here:
upgrade stalls with:

Adding module_smarty_plugins table...[done]
Enhancing the adminlog table...[done]
Enhancing the css table table... [done]
Creating routes table... [done]
Adding an index to the content table.... [done]
Building static route database...
Problem is that my error log is empty, so I don't know which module is causing me this stall. I've read that many people solved by temporary renaming the News module to a different name, but this is not working for me. Only few people reported different modules causing the upgrade stall..

I could rename all modules before upgrade and then rename them back one at a time, but it seems very time consuming.. How can I get a better error log so that I can investigate which module is causing this problem? Many people here seem to have better logs than me ???

I'm doing the update on a test server with the following specs:

Server Operating System 	Linux 3.0.0-22-generic On i686Server Software 	Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu)
Server API 	apache2handler
Apache Mod Security 	Off
PHP version  5.3.6-13ubuntu3.8
MySQL version 5.1.63
CMSMS 1.10.2 with many modules installed
I could provide more information about my setup, but probably it's not needed... in the end I just need to know how to get better log during upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any useful hint
clemmy

Post by clemmy »

clemmy wrote:...

Problem is that my error log is empty, so I don't know which module is causing me this stall. I've read that many people solved by temporary renaming the News module to a different name, but this is not working for me. Only few people reported different modules causing the upgrade stall..

In the end didn't found any way to get a better log, so I did the longer procedure (eg: rename all modules - upgrade - rename back to original name one module at a time). Time consuming procedure, but did worked.. :)
For the sake of completeness, my problems were caused by SelfRegistration module.
SolsWebdesign

Post by SolsWebdesign »

Hi,

I tried to upgrade one of my sites (cmsmadesimple version 1.10.2 "Casa Pilote") to 1.11 with the same problem: upgrade goes fine untill step 5 Building static route database... and then nothing.

In my case it was Guestbook module broke the process. Renaming the module helped. I hope it helps anybody :)
JimboDavies
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JimboDavies »

zenojl wrote: And the upgrade process could then be successfully completed, even if I had some difficulties to make the News module operational after this.
zenojl - How did you go about making the news module operational again? I've successfully upgraded, but as soon as the new module has it's correctly named folder, the site gives me an error.

Thanks!
JimboDavies
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JimboDavies »

JimboDavies wrote:
zenojl wrote: And the upgrade process could then be successfully completed, even if I had some difficulties to make the News module operational after this.
zenojl - How did you go about making the news module operational again? I've successfully upgraded, but as soon as the new module has it's correctly named folder, the site gives me an error.

Thanks!
So, I've just upgraded to 1.11.2, and did so without my news directory in the modules folder. Again, the upgrade halted with a news error, and so I had to remove the News folder that the 1.11.2 tar had put on the server when I extracted it - it then upgraded without a hitch.

I've tried installing a fresh version of the News module, and it just doesn't show up, in content or Extensions. Under Module Manager it shows up as installed.

I'm a bit stuck, so any advice on how to re-instate the news module would, as usual, be well received!

Cheers,

Jimbo
Jude
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Jude »

clemmy wrote:Hello to everybody,

I'm trying to upgrade my cmsms installation from 1.10.2 to 1.11.1 and I'm getting the same error already reported here:
upgrade stalls with:

Adding module_smarty_plugins table...[done]
Enhancing the adminlog table...[done]
Enhancing the css table table... [done]
Creating routes table... [done]
Adding an index to the content table.... [done]
Building static route database...
Hi everybody,

I'm in same situation and my server specs are

Server Software 	Apache/2
Server API 	cgi-fcgi
Server Operating System 	Linux 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem On i686
Actually I've tested this upgrade with many of my sitest (some of them with different specs) and I've failed in every upgrade, but all clean installs have been successfull.

I don't know how to help you, but I can tell that there is something strange with this package. I really hope that it can be resolved, because I've found CMSMS the very best CMS around.

All the best,

Jude

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”