Admin Theme ~ Expression v1.0.2

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
lapak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Admin Theme ~ Expression

Post by lapak »

Thanks for reply,
I just tried reinstall cgextensions, install newest tinymce module (I don't know, why there is not newest in instalation pack), reset all tinymce settings, but no change at all... Writing just to exclude possible causes :)

Btw, I'm going on a vacation for a week, so I can continue with feedback and testing after a week...

Thanks very much for support
andre_designer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andre_designer »

by view site add a target="_blank". i find it a little bit anoying when i want to view my site and it open in same browsertab in place of a other browsertab. i fix it manually. Its easy to fix. Ooh, and by the admin themes by the expresion theme by details stand also someone who writing a bug. ;) maybe something to whatch there.

Oh, maybe a idea when you fix al the bugs, upload it to the other admin themes
myshko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by myshko »

Thanks guys,
view site add a target="_blank"
Regarding this, I prefer not to have the target attribute, as it's deprecated. It's almost as easy to right click, open in new tab / window.

As you say, it's easy to add manually if you like.
by the admin themes by the expresion theme by details stand also someone who writing a bug
Thanks, I'll check there also ;)

/m.
lapak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lapak »

Hi again, I just found another bug in quite popular module: Gallery. In default admin theme, folders in this module are "closable" (with little arrows on the left) and they are making folder tree. In expression theme, all folders and subfolders are togehther on one page and also left menu do not work properly. Screenshots attached.
Attachments
Bug
Bug
Default theme
Default theme
andre_designer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andre_designer »

on small monitors (19", 17" and smaller) i can't reach all the fields.( i can't delete a page) please fix this bug. I want to use this theme for my new clients. But in this way i can't.( And upload it the fixed theme to the admin themes.)
myshko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by myshko »

Hi guys,

Quick update, I have been working on this and have the majority of bugs fixed. I'd have liked to released sooner but I just haven't found the time between other commitments.

I'm solving a few more things for the next cmsms release (hopefully tomorrow) and I'll likely push the updated version of the theme to you on Sunday to use and test.

If there is anything else, please let me know before Sunday 23rd Oct so I can get a much in this version as possible.

Thanks again to everyone who has submitted bugs and shown support as well as your patience.

Regards,

Myshko
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

myshko,

Thanks for releasing the theme to the public. I installed it in an 1.9.4.1 environment and the first tests work out great.
When I use for example the hyperlink Extensions on the left side, I get a list of all the extensions on the right which is as expected.
Unexpected was however that a number of extentions had no image connected to them. Looking at the source, some images are coming from the themes/expression/images/icon/topfiles directory. Others, with no icon shown, are derived from themes/default/images/icons/topfiles.
Why not have these last ones being retrieved from the [module name]/images/icon.gif images?
As a developer of a number of modules, I know that that is the location to push an icon for the module. So it would be a pity to copy over the icon.gifs from the modules to themes/default/...

Regards,

Duketown
andre_designer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andre_designer »

i have install cms ms 1.10 local and when switch to expression i get this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in I:\wamp\www\cms_ms_twee\admin\themes\expression\expressionTheme.php on line 19
myshko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by myshko »

Hi Andre,

Thank you, yes, I have been working with the beta to get a separate version of the theme for 1.10.

Please bear with me whilst I finish everything off and I'll release updated versions for both the new 1.10 and prior versions of CMSMS.

Thanks also to Duketown, I'm incorporating your suggestion regarding the menu items also and it's much appreciated.

Updates will be posted very soon, thanks for your patience.

Myshko
myshko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by myshko »

Expression Version 1.0 is now available

This version is compatible with CMS Made Simple 1.10 "Martinique" as well as previous versions.

You download directly from http://vli.cx/exp-admin (expression-admin.tar.gz, 501kb)

Or you can download it from the cmsms themes site.

Main Changes are:
~ Updated to work in CMSMS 1.10
~ Responsive to smaller screen sizes (below 802px) [Andre]
~ Gallery JS Bug Fixed [lapak]
~ Icons for additional extensions [Duketown]
~ Jquery / Json Misorder [Stephan]

I'm still working on better icon support for extensions and I'll aim to make further improvements for smaller screen sizes.

Please let me know any further bugs and issues you find, I'm sure they'll be plenty.

Regards,

Myshko
stijlXpres
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Admin Theme ~ Expression v1.0

Post by stijlXpres »

Hi,

I've just installed this beautiful theme and love the design.
Think I found a bug though; when I want to go to the Modulehelp of one of the templates, it doesn't generate the right url.

For example;

With the default theme this is generated:

"http://mywebsite/admin/listmodules.php? ... cedContent"

With this theme it generates:

"http://mywebsite/admin/listmodules.php? ... ed_Content"

Difference is the underscore in the moduleName.
Or am i doing something wrong?
Last edited by Dr.CSS on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use double quotes on fake links so they aren't clickable...
myshko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Admin Theme ~ Expression v1.0

Post by myshko »

Hi stijl,

This should now be fixed in version 1.0.2.

You download directly from http://vli.cx/exp-admin (expression-admin.tar.gz, 501kb)

Or you can download it from the cmsms themes site

Thanks for letting me know.

Kind Regards,

Myshko
stijlXpres
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Admin Theme ~ Expression v1.0.2

Post by stijlXpres »

Hi myshko,

Thanks, you're right. The update did the trick. Now it works fine!

Cheers!
andre_designer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andre_designer »

andre_designer wrote:on small monitors (19", 17" and smaller 4:3 monitors) i can't reach all the fields.( i can't delete a page) please fix this bug. I want to use this theme for my new clients. But in this way i can't.( And upload it the fixed theme to the admin themes.)
i have still this bug on some modules (Gallery and M &C Factory) and in M &C Factory i can't add no (new) fields. Please fix this bug(s) and look also to other modules if they work fine with the expression-theme (or others report possible bugs). I want to use this theme standaard to my clients but this way i can 't.

Again, this is clean and professional theme (Better than the standard (ugly ) theme ;) :D ) I wish this was the standard theme on the core.(but than first most fix all the possible bugs ;) ) But i think this is not gone a happen. For the rest is cms ms a simple to use system.

Idea Is it not a idea to write a end usermanual how to use cms ms with this theme (like this http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/project/files/482)
myshko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Admin Theme ~ Expression v1.0.2

Post by myshko »

Hi Andre,

Thank you again for your support and comments, they are very warmly received and appreciated.

I'm sorry there is still an issue at smaller screen sizes. I do aim to create a solution which is usable across the board.

Part of the reason this has been so difficult, is the markup used with the admin panel itself, and particular modules.

I have another theme I've been working on which aims to solve many more issues. It builds on expression's responsive layout, its much lighter and designed specifically with smart phones and small screen sizes.

Goran Ilic has also made a new theme for the new release of CMSMS which aims to address the similar issues, which I'm certain will be exemplary.

At the moment I am very busy with other projects, and can't guarantee a specific time, but I will try and take another look at your issues with screens over the coming weeks.

As well, I'll try and accelerate the completion of the new theme which I hope you will enjoy and find useful.

Again, if any one else has an bugs or issues (especially with modules, I can't test them all), please list them here and I'll do what I can to address them as quick as is possible.

Warmest regards and thanks,

Mikey

Return to “CMS Show Off”