Where should I post issues with the CMSMS forum itself?

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
dtgriscom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Where should I post issues with the CMSMS forum itself?

Post by dtgriscom »

I have a number of issues I'd like to mention about the CMSMS forum. I've looked through the various forums, but none seem appropriate. Where should I post?

FYI, here are some of the issues I'd like to raise:

- There should be a forum for posting comments about the CMSMS website (e.g. the forum ;) )

- My posts currently need to be approved before becoming public; how long will this continue (assuming I don't mutate into a spammer)?

- When my posts become approved, I get two emails: one to mention that my post has been approved, and one that the topic I posted to has been updated. The second email is redundant and should be omitted.

- There doesn't seem to be a way for me to see my unapproved posts

Thanks,
Dan
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Where should I post issues with the CMSMS forum itself?

Post by calguy1000 »

a: This board, or 'The Lounge' are decent places to talk about general forum issues.

b: The post moderation stuff automatically turns off after 10 approved posts. This has been very helpful in minimizing various types of spam and trolls, and although the number of posts required may be reduced, the moderation itself will likely be continuing.

c: When I approve a post I have the option (enabled by default) to tell the original poster that the post has been approved. I usually just leave this clicked so people have a 'general idea' of what is happening... the other message is I think a bit deeper and indicates that the post you made has somehow been 'changed' (which it has)... this email is probably also sent when a moderator edits an approved message, etc.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
M@rtijn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by M@rtijn »

Hi,

In addition to CalGuy
- When my posts become approved, I get two emails: one to mention that my post has been approved, and one that the topic I posted to has been updated. The second email is redundant and should be omitted.
I think the second mail could be just a topic notification.
When you make a post there is a checkbox saying 'Notify me when a reply is posted', this is marked by default according to your profile settings.
Go to User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit posting defaults and set 'Notify me upon replies by default:' to no.
Make your community a better place!
dtgriscom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dtgriscom »

Thanks for the info. The moderation makes lots of sense, but it would be nice for newbies to be told the details (e.g. add an explanatory message to the "READ ME FIRST!!!/Spam Reduction" thread).

Return to “General Discussion”