linked names in menu manager {0.12b1}

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

linked names in menu manager {0.12b1}

Post by kermit »

the names of menus (db templates) in the menu manager should be linked, just like names of pages, templates, css, etc. to be consistant across the entire admin area.  and also, maybe a reminder under 'file templates' that they need to be imported to be edited from in the admin interface.
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: linked names in menu manager {0.12b1}

Post by kermit »

in the menu editor, under database templates.
the name of the menu template should be clickable (to edit, same function as the edit icon on the far far right end of the line), just like the names of pages, stylesheets and templates in their respective areas... maintains consistancy of the admin ui.
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
docomo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by docomo »

I think I've noticed a bug on the 'Menu Manager > Database Templates' tab.

Before you have uploaded a database template there is only one 'Add Template' button. After u 'Import template to database', two 'Add Template' buttons appear on the 'Menu Manager > Database Templates' tab. One button is above the template list, and one below.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Actually, menu manager is me.  And, yes, it's intentional for when there is a long list.  I tend to do that on most of the admin pages I do these days.
docomo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by docomo »

Good idea Wishy. It's very helpfull to have to have 2 icons - especially when you have a long lits of items.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

BTW, the initial bug is fixed in svn.  Thanks!

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”