0.12b1 news module bugs

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
mcschulz

0.12b1 news module bugs

Post by mcschulz »

i think i found two weird bugs within the news module contained in 0.12b1

1) when adding news to category: general i get a smarty error on the page that displays news of that category:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in content:content_en line 1]: syntax error: invalid attribute name: 'monospace;">General"' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 1533) in /home/www/web103/html/ressorts/ebits/cmsmadesimple/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

2) when adding categories and subcategories news posted in these categories are not displayed even though i tried category="that category", category "its subcategory" and category="that category | its subcategory"

both seem weird to me...any ideas?
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 0.12b1 news module bugs

Post by Ted »

Sounds like News has a list of problems at this point.  I'll be giving it a good lookover before I release beta2.  Thanks.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 0.12b1 news module bugs

Post by Ted »

I can't recreate the first problem.  WYSIWYG must've done something weird.  If possible, I will need to get that recreated again.

As for #2, yes, the logic on the category selection was still a little spotty.  I cleaned it up a bit last night.

Say I have General and General 2.  General 2 is a sub of General.

category='General' will bring back articles just in General
category='General 2' will bring back articles just in General 2
category='General*' will bring back articles in General and any children, which means General 2
category='General | General 2' will bring back articles just in General 2
category='General,General 2' will bring back articles in both General and General 2

I think that should be nice an flexible for most people's uses.  These changes will be in beta2.

Thanks!

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”