FormBuilder Multipart gives Error 500

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

FormBuilder Multipart gives Error 500

Post by webform »

I've created a multipage form where i get an HTTP ERROR 500 when i click on the back button in the form - But funny enought only on page 2 of the form.

My error log gives me this error:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: hash_equals(): Argument #1 ($known_string) must be of type string, null given in C:\Apache24\htdocs\prototypes\modules\FormBuilder\classes\CsrfField.class.php:81
The site in on a local server and when i test the form on a commercial host everything works just fine. So i'm thinking i maybe missing to activate something on my local server to get it to work, but what?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: FormBuilder Multipart gives Error 500

Post by DIGI3 »

You forgot to include your php versions, but I'm guessing your local server is perhaps a newer one than the hosting server. I don't think FormBuilder has been fully updated for PHP 8.1+ yet.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by webform »

Local server is PHP 8.1.5. Live server was PHP 7.4, when i tested first time but i've upgraded it to PHP 8.1.22 and it still works just fine. ???
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Sorry, that was my best and only guess. It may still be a bug or php8 change needed in the module, but best if you can make it happen on any server before filing a bug report.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by webform »

It was a good guess and one i've thought my self. Thats why i've tried to upgrade my public host to see if the form would fail.
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by webform »

I've digged down in my Apache Error log and got this:

Code: Select all

[php:error] [pid 3060:tid 1376] [client xxx.xxx.x.xxx:56619] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: hash_equals(): Argument #1 ($known_string) must be of type string, null given in 
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\modules\\FormBuilder\\classes\\CsrfField.class.php:81\nStack trace:\n#0 
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\modules\\FormBuilder\\classes\\CsrfField.class.php(81): hash_equals(NULL, '864cf8347202d99...')\n#1
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\modules\\FormBuilder\\classes\\Form.class.php(612): fbCsrfField->Validate()\n#2
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\modules\\FormBuilder\\action.default.php(116): fbForm->Validate()\n#3
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\lib\\classes\\class.CMSModule.php(1407): include('C:\\\\Apache24\\\\htd...')\n#4
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\modules\\FormBuilder\\FormBuilder.module.php(210): CMSModule->DoAction('default', 'cntnt01', Array, '54')\n#5
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\lib\\classes\\class.CMSModule.php(1483): FormBuilder->DoAction('default', 'cntnt01', Array, '54')\n#6
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\lib\\page.functions.php(550): CMSModule->DoActionBase('default', 'cntnt01', Array, '54', Object(Smarty_CMS))\n#7
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\index.php(156): preprocess_mact('54')\n#8 {main}\n  thrown in
C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\prototypes\\app\\wet\\modules\\FormBuilder\\classes\\CsrfField.class.php on line 81, referer: https://dev.mydomain.dk/prototypes/index.php?page=test
It looks like it's the validating of the CSRF Token in a multipart form, that gives me some problemes on my local server, when i click back in the form.
But it works on a commercial host server, so i belive i need to change some settings in my local php.ini file but what settings?
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by webform »

I just discovered that the CSRF token value for page 2 is different from the other pages in the form.
That can explain why it is always page 2 that triggers the server error.
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by webform »

No! It was not that. Several tests later, where the token was the same on all pages, page 2 still fails.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”