Getting started ...

Discussion of the documentation project.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Getting started ...

Post by nils73 »

I have started initializing the structure. Since it is a pretty boring job and I have lots of other stuff to do I use my breaks to copy & paste and have a cup of coffee. However I guess that by the beginning of next week we will have the structure laid out. A minor change is in 3.6 where it was
3.6 WYSIWYG Editor (by default TinyMCE)
3.6.1 Type text
3.6.2 Format text
3.6.3 Insert an image
3.6.4 Create a link
Now it is:

3.6 WYSIWYG Editor
3.6.1 TinyMCE
3.6.1.1 Type text
3.6.1.2 Format text
3.6.1.3 Insert an image
3.6.1.4 Create a link
3.6.2 HTMLArea
3.6.2.1 Type text
3.6.2.2 Format text
3.6.2.3 Insert an image
3.6.2.4 Create a link

Thus we can easily add new WYSIWYGs as they come. Might be good as we saw HTMLArea rise and fall - this might happen again or maybe a new star will rise. Future ...

Right, that is it for today.

Nils
Woudloper

Re: Getting started ...

Post by Woudloper »

When will the actual start of the writing of documentation starts? Currently there is only a structure and according to the roadmap release 1.0. is planned for the end of 2005 and according to the roadmap the documentation should be ready then.

Isn't is a wise idea to divide the tasks between several experienced users with 'CMS Made Simple' and let others review some part of the code. (If this is the case, when reviewing is neccesary than you need to use something like a wiki so you can keep track of the changes).

Maybe set up a team with a:
  • Editor in chief (e.g. nils73)
  • Editor of a specific area
  • Reviewers of the written text
In this way it is maybe possible to speed up the proces. When a lot of people write just one page of the module it should be possible to finish it in say 2 months...

Return to “[locked] Documentation0ld”