Can't even load the cmsms-2.1.2-install.php file

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Can't even load the cmsms-2.1.2-install.php file

Post by fearmydesign »

Hello everyone... I'm so confused about this... I have done many installations before, but I can't seem to figure this one out. I know it may be something small, and I apologize, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it and couldn't find this error on other threads.

Problem

I'm just trying to install a clean version of CMSMS v.2.1.2 and the file cmsms-2.1.2-install.php will just not load on my browser. It gives me an error saying: No input file specified.

Troubleshooting

I'm using the same GoDaddy hosting that I've used in past installations.
I first tried uploading the zip file through the file manager, then extracted it there - didn't work.
I then extracted it locally on my desktop and uploaded the cmsms-2.1.2-install.php via FTP - didn't work.
So then I tried a combination of different ways, but I end up with the same error when I go to the url to do the isntallation.

I also completely removed the folder of my domain name, database and recreated everything from scratch just in case, but still the same problem... so I know I'm missing something.

I read the installation notes again on the cmsms Documentation, but I'm following the correct steps, and as I mentioned, done this before. I even tried changing the file permissions through FTP & File Manager to Read/Write etc, but nothing.

I would greatly appreciate any help, thank you all. ???

...I just tried taking it back to v.2.0 but I get the same problem :-\ Access denied.

...Ok now I'm just taking it back to v.1.12.1 to see if I 1st don't have problems with this installation, and 2nd to see if I can work my way back from there...

....Ok, so the installation for v. 1.12.1 went fine, everything good... so now I'm really confused as to why v. 2.0+ wouldn't work?... Maybe it's the PHAR, not sure. I'll keep checking and I'll try to work my way back now to v. 2.0+.
In the mean time if anyone has an insight, please let me know. Thank you

......I just tried to upgrade 1.12.1 to 2.1.2 and I got the following error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PharException' with message 'phar "/home/content/45/225319/html/domainname/cmsms-2.1.2-install.php" SHA1 signature could not be verified: broken signature' in /home/content/45/225319/html/domainname/cmsms-2.1.2-install.php:8 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/45/225319/html/domainname/cmsms-2.1.2-install.php(8): Phar::webPhar(NULL, 'index.php') #1 {main} thrown in /home/content/45/225319/html/domainname/cmsms-2.1.2-install.php on line 8

???
Rod
"Be careful who you step on your way up; because you never know who you'll meet on your way down!" - or something like that.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Can't even load the cmsms-2.1.2-install.php file

Post by calguy1000 »

Did you actually search the docs site, or read the README file that is included with the installation assistant?
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Can't even load the cmsms-2.1.2-install.php file

Post by tristan »

At the http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/downloads/ page you can always try the non-phar version at "Other Packages":

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cmsms/downloads ... panded.zip

and check whether that solves your problem.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”