The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
michaelper22

Post by michaelper22 »

I'm new here (obviously), so if users normally don't post introductions, feel free to delete this topic.
I'm a teenage who is very into computers. It doesn't matter what I'm doing on it, I will be on the computer for 85% of my nights. I came across CMSMS last night on OpenSourceCMS.com last night, took a look atit, and thought it might be good for me. So I took a look at the online demo, and it looked good. Tonight, I downloaded and uploaded CMSMS, and things came out pretty well. Compared to Mambo (which I currently use), CMSMS is pretty lightweight, but still pretty fleible. The core paackage's .zip file was a paltry 1.89 MB - about 1/4 of Mambo's! I am still figuring oout how to do a bunch of things.
I really like the easiness of modifying the menu/page structure. In Mambo, there isn't really any page structure, just Sections and Categories (the hierarchy is Section -> Category -> Content Item). The menus are totally independent of content. To give a way to get to content, you have to make a new menu item (of either Section/Category Table-makes a table with the date of the content item and title/Blog-makes a page with the into text of the items) that leads to a Section(lists all pages in the selected section)/Category(same but with the category) Table/Blog. In CMSMS, you barely have to do anything to to make a menu item, it is almost automatic.
I will have a long journey with CMSMS, but hopefully I will learn to use it to its fullest extent.
cyberman

Re: New Member

Post by cyberman »

Welcome on CMS made simple  :) !

Hope you will have a lot of fun with it - if sometimes not please ask.

Return to “The Lounge”