Different languages, different templates. how?

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
palaueb

Different languages, different templates. how?

Post by palaueb »

Hi all!

first of all thanks for this great job, I know that is quite hard to maintain a big piece of software like this, congrats!

well, my doubt is that I have 2 templates and 2 languages, but I really don't know where to assign a template to a language. If I change the languate to a page it will change to the other language correctly, having allways the same language for the template.

How can I assign a template to a lang?

spanish pages -> spanish template
catalan pages -> catalan template

I hope you understand my non-academic-non-native english.

thanks!
Peciura

Re: Different languages, different templates. how?

Post by Peciura »

Use one template for all languages

Code: Select all

{if $lang==es_ES}
   {arrange_items_for_Spanish_taste}
{elseif $lang==ca_ES}
   {arrange_items_for_Catalan_taste}
{/if}
Usually translations can be used in one template, also use of "$lang" variable modifier allows you to use different pictures, forms for each language.
I am not sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish.
palaueb

Post by palaueb »

Maybe your solution solve my problem, but, what I'm trying to do is:

- have two templates, each for every language
- assign each template to every language
- be happy ;-)

I'm searching the database for the template_id config and it assigns a unique template_id for page, that's not a good point to start.

Now I'm studing the code of class.pageinfo.inc.php to know from where it gets the template_id ($onepageinfo->template_id = $row['template_id'];, line 161 or $pi->template_id = $data['template_id'];, line 104). If I can add a new table in the database i can assign a languate to each template and then obtain an especific template for language.

Another solution is to use a unique template (the option that you says).

reggards and thanks! :)
palaueb

Post by palaueb »

Here is my modification of the code to get multilang on templates:

Modify database:

ALTER TABLE `cms_templates` ADD `mle_lang` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL 
Assign the languages manually: (volunteer to code the admin for this?)

UPDATE cms_templates SET mle_lang = 'esp' WHERE template_id = 17; //exaple for lang 'esp' , with ID 17
UPDATE cms_templates SET mle_lang = 'cat' WHERE template_id = 19; //example for lang 'cat' with ID 19
Open and edit:

path_to_website/lib/classes/class.pageinfo.inc.php
#$Id: class.pageinfo.inc.php 115 2009-08-04 16:42:12Z alby $
Edit:

//Start MLE
global $mleblock, $mleblockfallback;
And add at bottom of the parent code:

$mle_lang = &$gCms->smarty->compile_id;
then:

//Start MLE
global $mleblock, $mleblockfallback;
$mle_lang = &$gCms->smarty->compile_id;

Now, we modify this lines with the next ones:

//Start MLE
$query = "SELECT {$mlequery} c.content_id, c.content_alias, c.hierarchy, c.id_hierarchy, c.prop_names, c.create_date AS c_create_date, c.modified_date AS c_date, c.cachable, c.last_modified_by, t.template_id, t.encoding, t.modified_date AS t_date FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."templates t INNER JOIN ".cms_db_prefix()."content c ON c.template_id = t.template_id WHERE (c.content_alias = ? OR c.content_id = ?) AND c.active = 1";
//End MLE
			$row = &$db->GetRow($query, array($alias, $alias));
		}
		else
		{
//Start MLE
$query = "SELECT {$mlequery} c.content_id, c.content_alias, c.hierarchy, c.id_hierarchy, c.prop_names, c.create_date AS c_create_date, c.modified_date AS c_date, c.cachable, c.last_modified_by,t.template_id, t.encoding, t.modified_date AS t_date FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."templates t INNER JOIN ".cms_db_prefix()."content c ON c.template_id = t.template_id WHERE c.content_alias = ? AND c.active = 1";
//End MLE

/* MODIFY WITH THIS */

//Start MLE
			if($mle_lang!=''){
				$query = "SELECT {$mlequery} c.content_id, c.content_alias, c.hierarchy, c.id_hierarchy, c.prop_names, c.create_date AS c_create_date, c.modified_date AS c_date, c.cachable, c.last_modified_by, t.template_id, t.encoding, t.modified_date AS t_date FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."templates t INNER JOIN ".cms_db_prefix()."content c ON t.mle_lang = '$mle_lang' WHERE (c.content_alias = ? OR c.content_id = ?) AND c.active = 1";
			}else{
				$query = "SELECT {$mlequery} c.content_id, c.content_alias, c.hierarchy, c.id_hierarchy, c.prop_names, c.create_date AS c_create_date, c.modified_date AS c_date, c.cachable, c.last_modified_by, t.template_id, t.encoding, t.modified_date AS t_date FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."templates t INNER JOIN ".cms_db_prefix()."content c ON c.template_id = t.template_id WHERE (c.content_alias = ? OR c.content_id = ?) AND c.active = 1";
			}
//End MLE
			$row = &$db->GetRow($query, array($alias, $alias));
		}
		else
		{
//Start MLE
			if($mle_lang!=''){
				$query = "SELECT {$mlequery} c.content_id, c.content_alias, c.hierarchy, c.id_hierarchy, c.prop_names, c.create_date AS c_create_date, c.modified_date AS c_date, c.cachable, c.last_modified_by,t.template_id, t.encoding, t.modified_date AS t_date FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."templates t INNER JOIN ".cms_db_prefix()."content c ON t.mle_lang = '$mle_lang' WHERE c.content_alias = ? AND c.active = 1";
			}else{
				$query = "SELECT {$mlequery} c.content_id, c.content_alias, c.hierarchy, c.id_hierarchy, c.prop_names, c.create_date AS c_create_date, c.modified_date AS c_date, c.cachable, c.last_modified_by,t.template_id, t.encoding, t.modified_date AS t_date FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."templates t INNER JOIN ".cms_db_prefix()."content c ON c.template_id = t.template_id WHERE c.content_alias = ? AND c.active = 1";
			}
//End MLE
Peciura

Post by Peciura »

Have you read tips 5-7 on http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 318.0.html ?
{news category="Home-$lang" .....other params....}
Use TranslationManager module!
I would use different templates only if structure (not text or images) of pages of different languages differ by 50% and over. Can you post your templates to forum ?
palaueb

Post by palaueb »

Hi!

My templates are both equal, only difference is text.

I have readed few posts of the forum and the documentation and I don't found that you told me.

Thanks for the point, but I have now the problem solved with that patch.

reggards!
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

If the only difference is text you don't need to do anything...

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”