Plugin 'smarty_cms_function_cms_action_url' not callable

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Translator
Translator

Plugin 'smarty_cms_function_cms_action_url' not callable

Post by 10010110 »

I’m frequently getting a blank page and the error
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin 'smarty_cms_function_cms_action_url' not callable <-- \n thrown in ~/site/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 468, referer: http://localhost/
in the console on my local development server. I can only temporarily get rid of it by deleting all files in /tmp/templates_c. Is anyone able to explain why this is happening? Could this be a user/file permission issue on the server? The owner is the current user and the group is “staff”, and the directory permissions are 777 (files inside are 644). Or where do I disable the cache completely?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Plugin 'smarty_cms_function_cms_action_url' not callable

Post by Jo Morg »

The only reason I can think of for that error to be triggered is for the <site_root>lib/plugins/function.cms_action_url.php to be missing or corrupted. Please check if that file is there or do a site checksum on the core files.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
Translator
Translator

Post by 10010110 »

The file is there. I did a checksum test and it only complains about missing language files/translations (that aren’t relevant for my installation anyway). I’m not experiencing this anywhere but on my local server. 🤔
Translator
Translator

Post by 10010110 »

OK, I have a suspicion: Since the issue is resolved by deleting all files in /tmp/templates_c, I checked all files there for the string “smarty_cms_function_cms_action_url”, and it found it in a couple of them. What I then noticed was the file path: I have a whitespace in a directory name and the paths in the $_smarty_tpl->_checkPlugins() method didn’t have that whitespace. So, I suspect it is looking for plugin files but can’t find them because the path isn’t correct. Feels like a bug to me.
Translator
Translator

Post by 10010110 »

Some more progress, even if little: I had an older version of CMSMS lying around (version 2.2.15) where this error didn’t seem to occur. Then I upgraded that version to 2.2.19 and pronto, the error came up. In version 2.2.15, the function _checkPlugins() didn’t yet exist in /lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php.

This _checkPlugins() function is apparently loading the plugin files via include_once $plugin[ 'file' ]; where somehow any whitespace characters inside the file path get stripped which causes the system to fail loading the plugin file. Correct me if I’m barking up the wrong tree here. My PHP knowledge isn’t advanced enough to reverse engineer this any more.

Return to “CMSMS Core”