Products export in 2012 module

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Aurimas

Products export in 2012 module

Post by Aurimas »

Hi, i have task from a client. He uses CMSMS 1.11.4 version. Products module version is 2.18.4. We need to export all products. But I can't find any function to do this. Also when i go to "Product Manager" in a menu there is only one product. But in a front end there is more than a thousand products. How is this possible?
Could it be that there was no any product export function in that time? Or could it be that products "coming" from anywhere else using API or something similar?

Appreciate any help here ::)
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Products export in 2012 module

Post by DIGI3 »

It's hard to say without seeing the site, the error logs, etc - they could be not showing up due to a php error where the host has upgraded php beyond what a ~12 year old install can support for example. Or the module might have a filter, I haven't used Products in a long time so not sure.

You might still be able to get the products exported though, essentially you'd need to create a template in the Products module that creates a csv. This tutorial is for Company Directory but can be adapted to other modules: https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/migrati ... ry-to-lise (skip the part about importing to LISE, just use it for learning how to make the csv).
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Products does have an "Import items from CSV file and Export to CSV Export to CSV" button...
If you are not sure where these products are coming from look at the page source view to see if it has any product template tags...
Aurimas

Post by Aurimas »

Dr.CSS wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:55 pm Products does have an "Import items from CSV file and Export to CSV Export to CSV" button...
If you are not sure where these products are coming from look at the page source view to see if it has any product template tags...
Can you tell where I should look for this button? :-\
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Sure...
Aurimas

Post by Aurimas »

There is no such buttons in my admin area >:(

DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It may have been added in a later version. You could try upgrading, but that would probably be more work than using the template method.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

I'm using Products 2.20.1, CMSMS 1.12.1...

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”