migrate Version CMS1.5.1 to Version 2.2.18

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
WILLILAB

migrate Version CMS1.5.1 to Version 2.2.18

Post by WILLILAB »

Good morning everyone, I wanted to know if it is possible, as per the object, to migrate to the latest version of CMSMS while maintaining the same database and of course the PHP version 8 or higher. I have been using CMSMS for many years and now the time has come to renew. I would like to point out that version 1.5.1 still works very well. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer me!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: migrate Version CMS1.5.1 to Version 2.2.18

Post by DIGI3 »

Yes it is, although depending on the modules and UDTs you have it can be a bit of a challenge. It will also include interim PHP version changes.

See https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions for steps to get to 1.12.2, then you can proceed to 2.x. If you have a lot of third-party modules you may want to share the list so we can give some advice on upgrade/migration paths.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
WILLILAB

Post by WILLILAB »

Thanks, I understand that it will be a challenge but I'll try anyway. However, if I wanted to import only the previous database onto the latest version, is it possible by connecting everything from the config.php file?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

No. You could possibly import just the content tables into a clean install's database but you'd need to compare the structure etc.
WILLILAB

Post by WILLILAB »

Ok. I also thought that it was impossible unless you took steps to update to the new version and of course also the change of php version- But how could I import the contents and old news from the old database to the new version of CMSMS? I wouldn't want to copy all the contents and news one by one. Help me if you have any advice for me. Thank you
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It would require manually copying individual database tables by someone who knows what they're doing.
WILLILAB

Post by WILLILAB »

You are right. The database is very large and there are many articles entered over the course of 13-14 years. However, I must say that CMSMS has never left me stranded, an excellent CMS and I prefer it to all the others (WP Joomla etc). Now I have installed the latest version and I see that it is very smooth. Where can I download other templates? Congratulations and see you soon. Willi
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

One of the great things about CMSMS is you can use any template you find on the web (for html, or another cms) and just insert a few tags to make it work in CMSMS. There's some tips on doing that here: https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/layout/d ... /templates

We do have a few people releasing themes specifically for cmsms, you can find them here: https://themes.cmsmadesimple.org/
master3395
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by master3395 »

As long as you copy these tables into an empty database until you remove the "new" database tables, and then import the old database tables, it should be fine.
Sometimes it can be helpful to do system maintenance after you have imported it, to make sure and validate the tables.

Return to “General Discussion”