Fonts available in CMSMS

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
webvent
Forum Members
Forum Members

Fonts available in CMSMS

Post by webvent »

Hi

Can someone let me know how to work with fonts in CMSMS? Where can I choose them? In admin when adding new content I can´t see any selector to choose different fonts.
Also, I would like to know what fonts/styles etc are being used, and eventually change some of the fonts and/or styles.

Right now, something strange is going on because when I add a new page and make a title BOLD, it shows exactly the same as the rest of the text.
Actually, it seems that all text is bold.

By the way, I do not want to use external fonts. Just whatever fonts are available in CMSMS.

Thank you!
Mig
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Fonts available in CMSMS

Post by DIGI3 »

Fonts would be defined in your stylesheets, then potentially made available in the wysiwyg editor of your choice. Your developer can work with you on these, it's not really a function of the CMS.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
webvent
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by webvent »

DIGI3 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:18 pm Fonts would be defined in your stylesheets, then potentially made available in the wysiwyg editor of your choice. Your developer can work with you on these, it's not really a function of the CMS.
Hi

Thank you. No font selector is showing in wysiwyg unfortunately. Not sure why.
Can you tell me a way to find the fonts and styles available? I am trying to learn more about CMSMS so I can do more of the little/easier stuff.
Thx
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

CMSMS doesn't come with fonts, it's not really meant to be a ready-to-go page builder. If you want your editors to have access to fonts other than the core web fonts you'd need to load them in your page template or stylesheet, then reference them in your css. I'd recommend reading up a bit on how fonts work on the web in general, see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... /Web_fonts for a start.

The default wysiwyg (microTiny) doesn't give options for switching classes or fonts, so if you want editors to have access to that you'd need to switch to a third-party editor such as TinyMCE. Documentation for adding style or font dropdowns is included or available online. You need to make sure you only give them access to fonts that are loaded in your html/css and/or the core fonts available to all browsers.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
webvent
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by webvent »

Got it. Thanks!

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”