MAMS Registration Topic is solved

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
AccentAvondschool
Forum Members
Forum Members

MAMS Registration

Post by AccentAvondschool »

I had the MAMS registry working with the setting 'email address=username'. So far so good, great module.

But now I want the user to log in with his username. So I've created a new user property 'email' and set it to 'Required' in the group (if I don't do this, it misses the property and I get the message 'No valid email address field found').

But when I want to log in I get the message: 'You cannot register to become a member of this user group'? I have gone through all the settings, turned some on and off but the message remains.

The server error logs don't show anything special, I also turned on the debug function but I only see the registration of the error going into the database:
SELECT * FROM cms_module_mams_propdefn
SELECT * FROM cms_module_mams_grouppropmap ORDER BY group_id,sort_key DESC
INSERT INTO cms_adminlog (timestamp, user_id, username, item_id, item_name, action, ip_addr) VALUES (1665919210,1,'xxxxx',-1,'MAMSRegistration','Signup Validation Error: You cannot register to become a member of this user group','00.00.0.00')
(Of course I left out my username and IP number)
I'm stuck, so frustrating ;(
Regards,

Accent Avondonderwijs
René
AccentAvondschool
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: MAMS Registration

I looked in the code where the error message 'error_noregister' is called. That appears to be in the file 'action.signup.php' with the following piece of code:

Code: Select all

// attempt to register to an absolutely verboten group
    $tmp = $this->GetPreference('noregister_groups');

if($tmp)
    {
      $verboten = explode(',', $tmp);
      $tmp      = array_intersect($grpids, $verboten);

if(count($tmp))
      {
        throw new \MAMSREGValidationError($this->Lang('error_noregister'));
      }
    }
If I change the output to implode(",", $tmp); it returns a '1'. Can I conclude from this that my group 'agroupname' is marked as a banned group somewhere? Where can I adjust this?

{MAMSRegistration group=agroupname}
Hmmm, if I disable throwing the 'banned group' error, I get a new error: 'No valid email address field found'.
Regards,

Accent Avondonderwijs
René
AccentAvondschool
Forum Members
Forum Members

Field 'username' is stored in table 'cms_module_mamsregistration_users'
Field 'email' is stored in table 'cms_module_mamsregistration_properties' but is never read

id  user  title   data 	
0   0     email   name@domain.nl
Regards,

Accent Avondonderwijs
René
AccentAvondschool
Forum Members
Forum Members

Have removed all entire MAMS modules and reinstalled them, with different settings. And now it works with separate use of username and email. No idea what went wrong but I suspect that some settings have remained in the database with the previous setting 'email address=username' ??
Regards,

Accent Avondonderwijs
René
master3395
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by master3395 »

AccentAvondschool wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:57 am Have removed all entire MAMS modules and reinstalled them, with different settings. And now it works with separate use of username and email. No idea what went wrong but I suspect that some settings have remained in the database with the previous setting 'email address=username' ??
Perhaps make a bug report here, if you suspect it can be a bug?
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/list/1465

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”