Overlapping fields with TinyMCE combined with CGBlog

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Overlapping fields with TinyMCE combined with CGBlog

Post by brentnl »

Hi,

On a website of one of my client there's a problem that some fields in CGBlog - while adding a new article - are overlapping due to TinyMCE. I already updated CMSMS, CGBlog and TinyMCE to the latest version but without luck. See screenshot.

It seems like a problem between the two modules, because the problem doesn't occur with TinyMCE and a normal content-page.
Attachments
blog.png
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Overlapping fields with TinyMCE combined with CGBlog

Post by Jos »

Maybe the site uses a custom template for CGBlog?
Check if you have files in assets/module_custom/CGBlog/templates/
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Jos's solution sounds likely, but if not: can you recreate this on a clean install? Could it be one particular field definition with a glitch? (Copy the site to a test server and delete one field def at a time).

I tried various combinations and couldn't make the problem happen. I tried TinyMCE and MicroTiny (I think your screenshot is actually MicroTiny but it's hard to tell for sure).

Check the console (F12) to see if there's anything not loading properly. Try it with a clean browser cache or private mode.

And just in case, try a different user, perhaps set to English (just to rule out a glitch in the translation file).
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by brentnl »

Jos wrote:Maybe the site uses a custom template for CGBlog?
Check if you have files in assets/module_custom/CGBlog/templates/
No files..

@DIGI3; No I'm sure I'm using TinyMCE, but MicroTiny is also installed. Both deliver the same problem though so it looks like it's more CGBlog's problem then the WYSIWYG-editors...

It looks like something CSS-based.. If I inspect the page I noticed that a lot of div's of the input fields got the class 'pageoverflow' , where removing overflow: hidden solves the problem. Also there is some kind of grid-framework active, but it doesn't work properly. The content/summary fields are in div 'grid_7' and all the date, extra, category fields are in 'grid_5'. In earlier versions of CGBlog those where presented next to eachother, but now they're displayed one above the other.

I have only one extra field definition, an image field.
Attachments
download.png
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You'll still need to try the rest of the things I suggested. You need to get it to a point where other people can replicate the issue.
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by brentnl »

DIGI3 wrote:You'll still need to try the rest of the things I suggested. You need to get it to a point where other people can replicate the issue.
Forget to mention, but I allready tried another user, cleaning the cache, private browser mode and other languages. And I can't delete the field definition, because it's not empty..
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

What are all the checkboxes in your screenshot, the ones you obfuscated? Aren't those custom fields?
edit: I realize those are categories. I did a bit of messing around and could break the layout slightly by putting special characters into the category name. Any clues there?

Remove the users first before deleting the fields. You can do this on your test server, or just make a backup and restore after.

Have you been able to make the problem occur on a clean install?

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”