• twitter image
  • facebook image
  • youtube image
  • linkedin image
Language: CMS Made Simple Czech CMS Made Simple France CMS Made Simple Hungary CMS Made Simple Russia CMS Made Simple Netherlands

All times are UTC

Post subject: Errors after SSL Certificate Installation
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm 
Forum Members
Forum Members

Thanks in advance for any help. My version is 2.2.8. It happens in the admin panel and the front end. I'm getting these errors when I visit new pages on fresh browser (but I can refresh the page and they go away; still looks bad!):

Warning: fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed in /home/finnriver/webapps/finnriver_cms2/modules/CmsJobManager/CmsJobManager.module.php on line 300

Warning: fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in /home/finnriver/webapps/finnriver_cms2/modules/CmsJobManager/CmsJobManager.module.php on line 300

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://www.finnriver.com:443 (Unknown error) in /home/finnriver/webapps/finnriver_cms2/modules/CmsJobManager/CmsJobManager.module.php on line 300

Share On:
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+
 Post subject: Re: Errors after SSL Certificate Installation
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:26 pm 
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

It quite obviously means that the server cannot verify the certificate that is specified for your SSL connection.

I think this may be caused by:
a: server configuration (maybe the server cannot read the certificate, or can't do outgoing connections to verify the validity of the certificate)
or
b: using a self-signed certificate
- if this is the case, there may be a php configuration option you can change to disable verification of the certificate.

I have used purchased SSL certificates and free certificates from letsencrypt with no difficulties.

If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Share On:
 Post subject: Re: Errors after SSL Certificate Installation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:55 pm 
Forum Members
Forum Members

Thank you, Calguy. I worked with the web host to resolve the issue. It wasn't a self-signed certificate issue, I didn't have the proper intermediate certificate installed. Once again, not a CMSMS issue!

Share On: