• twitter image
  • facebook image
  • youtube image
  • linkedin image
Language: CMS Made Simple Czech CMS Made Simple France CMS Made Simple Hungary CMS Made Simple Russia CMS Made Simple Netherlands

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NewsletterMadeSimple gets stuck
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
Forum Members
Forum Members

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 50
Location: The Netherlands, Tilburg area
Hello,

I'm on cmsms 2.2.7 and NMS 2.13.2 and the job gets stuck often. This time it got stuck on 48% and the status stays "In Progress".
Why does it get stuck and how can I prevent the getting stuck?
There is no button to get it to start again, only an option to abort/delete the job.
When I push the abort button it gives me the "reset" button but with a warning that "This action may result in repeated messages being sent to list members. use with caution" which indeed I do not want (people getting the mail twice).
How can I find out to which addresses the mailing has been send so that I can start a new job with only those addresses that did not get the mailing in the first place?
Is there some way to enable logging for this module? It would be nice if I could get it to work properly.
Thank you for helping :)
Isolde


Top
  Profile  
 
Share On:
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+
 Post subject: Re: NewsletterMadeSimple gets stuck
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
Forum Members
Forum Members

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:17 pm
Posts: 21
I've similar had similar problems, discussed here that were associated with the background processing used to send the mails no longer behaving as expected.

The post has some hints from calguy on checks you can make.

For me the issue was as a result of the change of the background job processor from CGJobMgr which didn't require a cron job to CMSJobManager which did.

When i set the cron job up i got errors like '0 response when initiating asyncronous processing' in the admin log because my hosting provider didn't allow the 'loopback' that the cron job was generating.

The solution: I moved to a CMSMS-endorsed hosting provider. The upside is they seem more switched on to CMS-type issues, the downside is the cost (roughly double what i was paying previously, although arguably still good value overall).

If anyone reading this is able to set my original post linked above to 'solved', please feel free to do so. A cross reference to here would be useful or the ability for me to reply to the original post (now timed out for responses) that might help other users.

PS solswebdesign i think you'll need to provide the module listing from the site admin section for others to help you specifically.


Top
  Profile  
 
Share On:
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
A2 Hosting