Issues with 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2 upgrade

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
wmdvanzyl
Forum Members
Forum Members

Issues with 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2 upgrade

Post by wmdvanzyl »

The upgrade went pretty smooth, but after wards my ModuleManager is a mess. I couldn't find a related issue here on forum, nor anything in the release notes.

In short, most of my modules says "This module is awaiting an upgrade"
Trying to upgrade any of them gives a message at top of screen that says "Core must first be upgraded".

I have 2.2.2 at bottom of page and installation went fine.

What info can i provide?
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Issues with 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2 upgrade

Post by Rolf »

Already cleared cache?
Afterwards look of all modules are upgraded.
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
wmdvanzyl
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wmdvanzyl »

Before and after upgrade, yes.

I also can't add new modules. It thinks my core isn't updated. Is it worth running the updater again?

Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

Huh, that is extreme...
There is a minor bug fixed for new release 2.2.3 related to the module.ini files in the module folders.
Try to delete (some of) them, clear cache and try to upgrade the modules.
The CMS will recreate them.

grtz. Rolf
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
wmdvanzyl
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wmdvanzyl »

I did a refresh on the installation to see if it would clear up issues... it did not. Module page still looks the same. The installation correctly detected the correct version and the back-end theme also says i ahve 2.2.2, but trying to update modules (or add new ones) gives an error saying i must first update core.

So i tried Rolf's advice to remove a few modules. I started with LISE as i was no longer using it. I removed the two instances i had created and that uninstalled fine. When i tried to uninstall LISE i got this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Class 'LISEInstance' not found in /home/gingerbeardman/public_html/modules/LISEfriends/LISEfriends.module.php on line 57
Sow i can't access the modules page at all any more.
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

wmdvanzyl wrote:So i tried Rolf's advice to remove a few modules.
Reading his post carefully, I don't think he did advice you to do that...
Rolf wrote:There is a minor bug fixed for new release 2.2.3 related to the module.ini files in the module folders.
He was mentioning the "module.ini files in the module folders"...
He would never advise you to delete modules and it seems that you did exactly that! Lise instances won't work without the main parent module: LISE itself.
Rollback from a backup and start again. if confronted with the same issue delete (this time) only the module.ini files of the modules that refuse to upgrade. That was his initial advice and the correct action to take.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
wmdvanzyl
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wmdvanzyl »

Jo Morg wrote:
wmdvanzyl wrote:So i tried Rolf's advice to remove a few modules.
Reading his post carefully, I don't think he did advice you to do that...
Rolf wrote:There is a minor bug fixed for new release 2.2.3 related to the module.ini files in the module folders.
He was mentioning the "module.ini files in the module folders"...
He would never advise you to delete modules and it seems that you did exactly that! Lise instances won't work without the main parent module: LISE itself.
Rollback from a backup and start again. if confronted with the same issue delete (this time) only the module.ini files of the modules that refuse to upgrade. That was his initial advice and the correct action to take.
Ahhh i see. Thank you. Yes i misunderstood that. For the record, the instances removed fine, it was LISE itself that would not. THanks for response.

*** EDIT ***
I made a backup of the LISE folders and then deleted the folders entirely. This resolved the issue of no access to the module manager.

I also noticed that i only have the issue when trying to do and UPGRADE. Uninstalling a module and reinstalling it works fine. Using this technique i have reinstalled most of the modules, but now i'm getting to tougher ones such as design manager and module manager itself. Also, Module Manager itself cannot be uninstalled due to dependencies. I wonder if this whole issues starts and ends with the Module Manager module not being upgraded. It might just be a cascading effect?

***ANOTHER EDIT *** Interestingly, the modules all work fine. It's just in module manager that there's blood on the floor :P
wmdvanzyl
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wmdvanzyl »

Followed the given advice. Restored backup. This time i removed unused modules first.

Started upgrade process again. Again got this warning:

Warning: unlink(/tmp/m2000ab30795870cff3659b171cd8dce0/templates_c/148a3268b5d20785d15aeceb8a1135cdb9680ac7.file.wizard_step8.tpl.php): No such file or directory in phar:///home/gingerbeardman/public_html/cmsms-2.2.2-install.php/lib/Smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 49
Since its just a warning and it doesn't stop installation i continued. Also had this warning last time.

After upgrade i again have a Module Manager page with lots of red modules saying they are awaiting upgrade or missing dependencies.

Trying to upgrade Module Manager again gives me this error:

The CMSMS core must be upgraded before this operation can succeed
So which *ini files do i delete? Any of them?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

Jo Morg wrote: if confronted with the same issue delete (this time) only the module.ini files of the modules that refuse to upgrade.
PS: to be more precise, the files are named moduleinfo.ini and reside in each modules root folder.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”