Locked out of admin on both installs after a few days.

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Trenia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Locked out of admin on both installs after a few days.

Post by Trenia »

Hi, I am really getting frustrated with this. Everything works fine for 3 or 4 days then it becomes impossible to log in to admin. No wrong password. This has forced me to do a complete restore 4 times now. Only the backup from january 27 enables me to log in. None of the newer backups does. To begin with I thought that it was the Showtime2 module that created the problem, but that isn`t the case (deleted). I`ve tried to empty the cache and templates_c folders but with no effect. I have also tried to rename module folders one by one to check if one of the modules created the problem.

I have two installs with cmsms. One on the main domain and a second on a subdomain to the same domain (mobile version). Both installs are affected at the same time. I have no clue as to why this happens. No entry in error log. My host can`t find anything wrong either. Please advise. Tom

LiteSpeed Server 6.10
Php 7.0
MySQL 5.6.35
CMS Made Simple version 2.1.6
All modules are latest versions:
AdminSearch
Captcha
CGExtensions
CMSContentManager
CMSMailer
DesignManager
FileManager
FormBuilder
Gbook
MenuManager
MicroTiny
ModuleManager
Navigator
News
Search
SiteMapMadeSimple
TinyMCE
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Locked out of admin on both installs after a few days.

Post by calguy1000 »

Unfortunately, there isn't much to go on here... and the problem could be anything from disk space, to a corrupt database, to some problematic UDT or third party code.

I have seen numerous times where disk space or quota restrictions, or corrupt databases, or malware can cause weird errors. And it is possible something like that is happening here.

On another thread that 'may be related'. The problem is always solved by clearing cached files. But you stated that clearing the cache doesn't solve the issue.

So somebody is going to have to dig in via ssh and find the actual error that is occurring and then trace it backward to a cause. But, the site will have to be 'broken' while this occurs. This means downtime of a day IF you can provide the ssh connection and find somebody with the time and skills to do this when the site is broken.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

If the sites/server are hacked you can check the file dates at the server. And check for non-cmsms files/scripts.

Do a file checksum from CMSMS Admin.
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
Trenia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Trenia »

Thank you for answering.

I have a lot of free disc space, so that`s not it. How do I know if a database is corrupted? Is there a way to check this?

Can`t do a file checksum test because I am not able to log in, but will try that after another restore. If my site/server is hacked, would`t my host alert me? Both sites/installs works and looks fine.

I don`t know if this tells you anything new, but when trying to run the phar installer to refresh my install, it doesn`t work. I get in and see the start page, but nothing happens from there. Same thing with the expanded installer.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

No you cant do a checksum when you cant enter the Admin panel. But if a core file is corrupt/hacked it will be present in your backup! Because the problem starts again... So when site is working again do the checksum
Cant say this is the cause, but it is just checking out all possibilities...
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
Trenia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Trenia »

Okay, got in again after a restore. I downloaded the 2.1.6 checksum file and did a validation check. I got 410 files not found, but from what I can see they are all foreign language related files which I don`t have installed. There were two other files not related to language:

/modules/FileManager/icons/themes/default/extensions/32px/pl.png
/modules/FileManager/icons/themes/default/extensions/16px/pl.png
Trenia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Trenia »

Since last restore everyting works fine and I am still able to log in. Hopefully it will stay that way. But I still have a problem with future cmsms ugrades because the installer won`t work (phar and expanded). Is there any other way to upgrade?

I am on a LiteSpeed server which I have read could cause some problems with upgrading. Could that be the reason why the installer won`t work for me anymore? Are there any settings that could be changed from cPanel or elsewhere in order for upgrades to work? Maybe these are stupid questions, but I have to ask. Any help is much appreciated.

Return to “CMSMS Core”