[SOLVED] fails upload images w news, server permissions

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
uloloi
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED] fails upload images w news, server permissions

Post by uloloi »

Hi, I can't upload files with module news and gallery, In my system information, after install have this notifications:

Session Save Path (session_save_path), Caution, No check because open basedir active
disable_functions in PHP (disable_functions), Caution
phppinfo(): functions: dl, system, passthru, exec, shell_exec, proc_open, proc_get_status, proc_terminate, proc_close, virtual, exe
And PHP Open Basedir (open_basedir) Caution /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/:/tmp/

the server permissions not allowing this, impossible to modify php.ini, What can I do? I think these problems happen because of this situation

Also, can't create subdirectories with Gallery module, etc.... all about upload, rwx, ...
Last edited by uloloi on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: fails upload images with modules, server permissions n c

Post by velden »

Make sure that the /uploads directory AND all directories below have the proper permissions. Try 777 and apply recursively to all files and folders (/uploads folder and deeper)
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
uloloi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by uloloi »

I tried to change permissions using filezilla, manually, also tried uploading files and images from local to remote, the problem persist when I create a new item from News module, can't write.

Uff! I haven't contacted with server support. Is there a way to create a custom php.ini file to my site? Can I enable/disable php extensions using some .htaccess instruction? If I have a sitename and sub-domain, both can work in the same cms enviroment, same database?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

uloloi wrote:I tried to change permissions using filezilla, manually, also tried uploading files and images from local to remote, the problem persist when I create a new item from News module, can't write.
Although usually 777 permissions work fine for most hosts, some may have different rules for umask. Try 755 too.
http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/installat ... ation-mask
uloloi wrote:Uff! I haven't contacted with server support.
You should. It would be easier. Some hosts even have on their site a FAQ section.
CMSMS Docs wrote:Although the Open Basedir test falls under a "recommended" test, and the installation is allowed to proceed, use of CMSMS under this environment is not supported. Any support issues regarding an install operating with this setting may be ignored unless it can be illustrated that the issue is not a result of this setting. Proceed at your own risk.
uloloi wrote:Is there a way to create a custom php.ini file to my site?
If enabled by your host, you can create a php.ini file on the root of your domain with just the settings you want to override.
See http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php
uloloi wrote:Can I enable/disable php extensions using some .htaccess instruction?
If your host is running PHP as an Apache module, maybe. See http://php.net/manual/en/configuration.changes.php
uloloi wrote:If I have a sitename and sub-domain, both can work in the same cms enviroment, same database?
Yes, just make sure you have a different table prefix for each (configurable on install).
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Jo Morg wrote:
uloloi wrote:If I have a sitename and sub-domain, both can work in the same cms enviroment, same database?
Yes, just make sure you have a different table prefix for each (configurable on install).
To be sure: I wouldn't call it the same 'cms environment'!

You can use the same database but need to have TWO separate CMSMS installations AND what JoMorg says: make sure you use a different table prefix for both installations (option during install process).

Not sure what you would try to accomplish. Maybe there are some tricks to make it work in one CMSMS environment but CMSMS is not developed to support multiple domains as far as I know.
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

velden wrote:
Jo Morg wrote:
To be sure: I wouldn't call it the same 'cms environment'!
Yep... I misinterpreted the question... ::)
uloloi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by uloloi »

Well, it seems to work. Change permissions (777) to the 'uploads / news' folder and allows me r-w. I was convinced that this was related to changes php.ini, sorry, my ignorance ...thanks

I have not decided about the subdomain. They are very similar contents, maybe just a subdomain that redirects me to a section of the main site with a different template, and thus keep everything within a single cms

Return to “The Lounge”