SOLVE for {cms_stylesheet} or {news} disppearing

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
scotch33
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

SOLVE for {cms_stylesheet} or {news} disppearing

Post by scotch33 »

Hi there,

I am writing this up just in case anyone ever happens to experience the following issue. I did this AM and after a quick chat with Ted found the cause.

The problem. Your site suddenly stops showing the {cms_stylesheet} tag or the {news} tag. Also the product_manager may be affected. the tags are in your templates and pages, but they disappear from your rendered pages.

The solution (or at least a starting point) - these tags apparently create tmp files. If they fail to work then the issue is likely with the tmp file directory on your server. Look for it being full, corrupted or similar. Chack with your server guys to see if they can see an issue.

I had the issue this morning and lost about 40 sites' styles. I pointed my server guys at the temp directory - which they 'nuked' (I am assuming they cleared it and cleaned of corruptions) and all sorted!

Hope that this helps someone in the future!

Scotch
simetz
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: SOLVE for {cms_stylesheet} or {news} disppearing

Post by simetz »

Thanks, this is very helpful. I had something similar, but worse occurred. My hosting provider move my sites to a new box and for some reason the tmp and all subfolders didn't get copied. The whole site crashed because the cache was gone and there was nothing to write to to rebuild.

Return to “CMSMS Core”