Installation/Getting ERROR: The CGExtensions module could not be found.

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
docman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Installation/Getting ERROR: The CGExtensions module could not be found.

Post by docman »

Hi, I have a working local installation of the latest version of CMSMS with CGExtension module installed. I want to migrate this site to a live installation.

This is that I did:
1. I copied the file structure
2. I created the MySQL database
3. I loaded the database with content (exported from the local installation's)
4. I wanted to update the config.php file, but could not suceed (not knowing the path, directopries to be used)
5. I decided to do the following:
- running /install
- saving config.php
- restoring file structure
- replacing the config.php file (if any) with the one I saved

My questions:
1. is there a cure for the above error
2. where can I read about site migration?

Thanks you for your help.
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Installation/Getting ERROR: The CGExtensions module could not be found.

Post by tyman00 »

1.) Try deleting the folder for CGExtensions and uploading it again. Maybe even upload the folder from the latest file release at dev.cmsmadesimple.org

2.) Check out wiki.cmsmadesimple.org. A high majority of your questions you have/had can be answered there. The rest can be found by a couple minutes of searching in the forum.
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.
docman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by docman »

Thanks.

I did download the latest version of CGExtensions module and replaced with it the one already on the site. Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.

I will do more in-depth searching. However, what I really meant my willing to read on those topics was to read - say sticky topics - on those to me fundamental issues. It would get newcomers to CMSMS get going faster.
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tyman00 »

There are quite a few sticky topics already and you also have to consider the high volume of various issues that come through here. We could sticky a lot of relevant posts/topics but you'd have 3 pages of stickies by the time you got to the normal threads :)

The wiki and default installation content will get newbies a long ways. Unfortunately an extremely low percentage of people read that information, read the stickies and bother searching. I used CMSMS and was registered on the forum (that I visited at least twice a week)  for over a year before even making my first post. Everything that I needed to know, including newbie questions, were already answered. Often times they were answered more than once or twice so I had a whole plethora of information to work with.

Back to your original question. Do you see CGExtensions in the Module list at all? If so try uninstalling it there and then re-installing it. Usually re-installation clears up this issue.
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.
docman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by docman »

Thanks for the advices. I give it another try (uninstalling, reinstalling, uploading, etc.).

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”