Strip background tags from CSS (TinyMCE)

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
xscd

Post by xscd »

Wishy (or anyone)--

May I ask what "Strip Background Tags from CSS" means, what it does and why it exists? (It's a TinyMCE option, "True" or "False," available when clicking the TinyMCE link at the left of the administration interface menu.)
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

If you are using background colors in your CSS files this strips them out before displaying the editor.
I use a dark background for the body of my pages, if I don't have this feature enabled I get Black text on a dark chocolate background in the editor. :(

When I have it enabled I get Black text on a white background. :D
Greg
xscd

Post by xscd »

Thank you Greg. I see, this TinyMCE option doesn't do anything permanent to edited content and whatever style tags or style attributes it may have. It simply ignores background colors and images temporarily, for the sake of the person who is editing the page, but leaves any style tags or style attributes that were embedded into the content intact and unaltered when the document is "submitted." I was just worried that it would permanently alter style tags and instructions.

Thanks for the explanation.
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

It does, however, appear to strip many other tages and paramters. Also, adding color to text via the color cube on the menu bar works gets updated in the visual window but is stripped when you Apply and/or view the HTML.

Return to “General Discussion”