Information on modules

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
mediabanana

Information on modules

Post by mediabanana »

I have a question on modules -I've only recently started using CMS made simple, and I've been extremely happy with the whole thing. My only concern is with modules, I can't ever seem to find any info on the one's that are available. Am I missing something in the download section?

I haven't found a single module with any real info on what they are or what they do. Some are obvious, but it would be nice to know what the modules are and what they're capable of adding to a site. What has everyone here done for testing, have you been testing each one before using?

It just seems like there should be more info on each one, so that we could plan out sites before starting. But it's hard when all you have to go on is one sentence of info, and I can't imagine just testing each one -one at a time just to see what it does.

Seriously, am I overlooking a link? Are there demo sites that I don't know about? I know this is an open-source project, does anyone know if this is something that's in the works?
Connie

Re: Information on modules

Post by Connie »

Hi,

I fully assist you. The documentation is very often lousy as well as the support

unfortunately not all modules have the quality of the core system, that is very sad.
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

mediabanana,

Can you tell what type of info you have found. There is info available via the help hyperlink when opening up the module manager. Next to this, there is (very) high level info on a module via the development pages.

Duketown
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by stopsatgreen »

Most of the modules have average to good documentation, but if you don't use the Module Manager there's no way (that I've found) to see the Help documentation without installing the module. It would be helpful if module developers put the module documentation in the Forge page.
twwitt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by twwitt »

I agree -- a relative newbie here. I'm not very conversant in CMSMS, but not completely dumb either. A little more info and some examples (which doesn't seem like it'd be that much work) would go a long ways to helping me make sense of the module part of the puzzle. I know everyone's a volunteer, so this isn't a complaint, just a suggestion. Thanks for all your help in the past...

-- Twwitt

Return to “General Discussion”