random suggestions

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
uptoeleven
Forum Members
Forum Members

random suggestions

Post by uptoeleven »

Hi,

I've just found CMS Made Simple - isn't it marvelous? I had to hack Mambo to make it behave like CMSMS and wish I'd found this earlier.

One thing Mambo does have is a stand-alone server (though only for windows) so you can run it locally and develop locally - you download an executable and it

creates a folder that it can mount as a drive
installs apache
installs php
installs mysql
installs myphpadmin
sets up mambo.

Rather than mess around with installing CMSMS on my ISP, I simply installed it into the www directory (the stand-alone server's home directory) ran the create command in myphpadmin and was up and running on CMSMS in no time at all.

Stunning stuff.

Anyway, I have 2 requests:

1.) In terms of forms has anyone devised a form module that can spit out a form and post name-value pairs back to the server? What about validation?

2.) Following on from that if you wanted to have a series of forms for users to fill in, is there a wizard module that will run a sequence of pages / forms / content in a set order?

I know that this is supposed to be a SIMPLE content management system and I am therefore trying to code on crack but these two modules would be really cool.

I'm just learning PHP (I know java so php is reasonably simple but the syntax and naming is different) and the idea of coding it by myself is a little daunting.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”