Translating News Module..

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
[Raptor]

Translating News Module..

Post by [Raptor] »

Hi everybody,

I´m having trouble in order to translate the News module that comes with CMS Made Simple.
I just finished the translation on en_US.php file on /modules/News/lang directory and saved as pt_BR.php file (it´s a Brazilian Portuguese translation). OK, in the Admin Section the labels of the Module is in my language but when I go to the site to see if the labels of news module has been translated but it is not. It still remain showing "[more]" and when I click the news' title the label "Print" is still there.

Please help me turn around this problem.

Big Thanks from Brazil ! 
[Raptor]

Re: Translating News Module..

Post by [Raptor] »

Hi,
I almost fotgot, how do I change the Date format in News module? I couldn´t figure out how to do this. Because in Portuguese the date format is dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy tipical from English spoken countries.
[Raptor]

Post by [Raptor] »

Doesn´t anyone have any clue about this problem?

You that translated News module to your home language, doesn´t it happens to you ?
Last edited by [Raptor] on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
roan

Post by roan »

Hi!

To get the format dd/mm yyyy (06/11 2005) I put this in my newspage:

Code: Select all

{cms_module module="News" category="Om webben" dateformat="j/m Y" moretext="Mera..."}
With moretext="Something" you substitute the default more with a word of your choice. I don't remember where I found the syntax for the dateformat, but I think that is the code which PHP use. Perhaps the PHP-guys in this forum can help, or else Google for "PHP date format" or something like that.

You can find the parameters for the news module in the helptext for the module, which guess you have translated allready...

Good luck
/roan
[Raptor]

Post by [Raptor] »

roan wrote: Hi!

To get the format dd/mm yyyy (06/11 2005) I put this in my newspage:

Code: Select all

{cms_module module="News" category="Om webben" dateformat="j/m Y" moretext="Mera..."}
With moretext="Something" you substitute the default more with a word of your choice. I don't remember where I found the syntax for the dateformat, but I think that is the code which PHP use. Perhaps the PHP-guys in this forum can help, or else Google for "PHP date format" or something like that.

You can find the parameters for the news module in the helptext for the module, which guess you have translated allready...

Good luck
/roan
Hi!,
I found the page you said, it´s:
http://www.php.net/date
As for the help, I couldn´t find where it says something about the dateformat... btw unfortunately It didn´t work. My page still shows Nov, 5 2005 date format even after using (dateformat="j/m Y") tag. Perhaps there shoud be another setting for the date format...

Big Thanks for the help.

Moretext problem solved
Still looking for a solution for dateformat and Print (inside article) labels
Last edited by [Raptor] on Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Raptor]

Post by [Raptor] »

Patricia wrote: Go in your news template, find:

{$entry->postdate|date_format}

and replace with:

{$entry->postdate|date_format:"%d/%M %Y"}

And this is the link we find in News help (strftime):
http://ch2.php.net/strftime

Cheers
Yeah!

It works. Thank You Patricia you deserve the CMS Know-it-All title.
News module uses other set of variables from the strftime function. I tought that it was same variables that PHP uses.

Still looking for a Solution for the "Print" link in detailed view of new.

See you!

Return to “Translations”