Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2

Post by calguy1000 »

At long last here it is. We’ve released it, the final package has had some testing, and we think that this is stable. Hopefully I’m not deleting this post in 15 minutes.

Anyways, Here is the list of what has changed in 1.2:

Version 1.2 “Barbados”
—————–
- Adds capabilities to have a wysiwyg on the front end
- Adds the ability to select ‘groups’ as additional editors
- Now the ‘admin group’ automatically has all permissions, not just the admin user
- Add a new page where default settings for new pages can be set
- Adds a new file manager
- Enhance the use of permissions when adding or editing content
- Adds a new ‘print’ plugin capable of generating pdf files from one or more pages
- News 2.5.1
* Moved the default summary and detail templates into their own tab
* Adds An extra field
- Fix issues with stylesheet name changes after hitting ‘apply’
- Fixes issues with spaces or underscores not being allowed in usernames
- Fixes pagination issues in the admin log, and anywhere that uses the built in pagination functions.
- Turn error reporting to E_ALL and turn display_errors on if debug mode is on.
- You can no longer delete the admin group

Notes:
    * This is the New ‘Stable’ version, the 1.1 branch will no longer be maintained, unless there are circumstances that force us to do so
    * We intend this to be the last version of the 1.x series unless there are critical bugs or security issues that pop up
    * Some items (particularly with frontend News that didn’t appear in the beta cycle were not important enough to restart the beta process for, and therefore will be taken care of in subsequent versions of News

Many thanks to the considerable effort expended by numerous people in this beta cycle. Alot of people have put their time and effort into making this a stable release, so that we can have tiime to donate to 2.0 to make it an order of magnitude better than CMS already is (and that seems like it’ll be a hard task).
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2

Post by Greg »

Hi Calguy,

I used the diff 1.1.4.1 to 1.2.   No install directory structure in the diff to do the upgrade. I copied the Install folder from the full 1.2 version and was able to do the upgrade. I am now getting the following smarty errors:

string(68) "Smarty error: unable to read resource: "module_db_tpl:1;2CTNcssmenu""

and

string(66) "Smarty error: unable to read resource: "module_db_tpl:1;footernav""

?

Fixed: Copied MenuManager folder from full 1.2 version and menus work. I also noted the News 2.5.1 is not in the diff.

Looks like the diff requires some work.
Last edited by Greg on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
heimat

Post by heimat »

Greg wrote: Hi Calguy,

I used the diff 1.1.4.1 to 1.2.  No install directory structure in the diff to do the upgrade. I copied the Install folder from the full 1.2 version and was able to do the upgrade. I am now getting the following smarty errors:

string(68) "Smarty error: unable to read resource: "module_db_tpl:1;2CTNcssmenu""

and

string(66) "Smarty error: unable to read resource: "module_db_tpl:1;footernav""

?

Fixed: Copied MenuManager folder from full 1.2 version and menus work. I also noted the News 2.5.1 is not in the diff.

Looks like the diff requires some work.

When using the diff 1.1.4.1 to 1.2 you need also copy Printing and FileManager folders from full 1.2 version

Thank you Calguy and Greg
swgreed

Post by swgreed »

When using "cmsmadesimple-diff-1.1.4.1-1.2", the "install" folder is missing, especially the "upgrade.28.to.29.php" file.
Signex

Post by Signex »

When downloading the diff 1.1.4.1 -> 1.2 there are also no new/updated admin languages in the release, only the default english language is in the diff.
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

Is it possible to upload the upgrade zip again but then with all the needed files like Modules/ install/ etc.

??
lollipop27
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lollipop27 »

This is probabely a very stupid question, but when I have Version 1.1.2 and I want to upgrade to a.2, how do I do this?

This Upgrade zip-files, do I copy them one by one into my cms, or is there sort of an installation routine?
Signex

Post by Signex »

You can download the complete 1.2 version.

Overwrite your version with the one you downloaded.

Then type http://www.yourdomain.com/install/upgrade.php and follow instructions

Dont forget to backup first.

You can also update diff. by diff. But first option is faster i think.

for full upgrade instructions read the Documentation.
wapcamer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wapcamer »

Hi all,
how do we uprgrade from 1.2RC1 ?
lollipop27
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lollipop27 »

So the backup is for safty reasons only, isn't it?

If I overwrite the cms and dont create tables, does it automatically take the contents from the existing database or did the structure of the database change....
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

Should just have to upload the new files in the final release and visit the admin area to make sure all is well.
Signex

Post by Signex »

backups are for safety mathers indeed.

when you run install/upgrade.php  it makes the database changes, if any tables need changes. So you dont have to touch your DB, upgrade.php does that for you.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

I know this is supposed to be read only but I have a hosed site, tried to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2 and all I get is Attempt to use ADODB from outside of CMS...

Never had this before...
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

Hey... it mentions above that some issues with the News module 2.5 will be fixed in upcoming releases.

Does this include the summary/content? With the new News you can't just put text in the main content area, as it won't show up as a summary.

Actually... let me back up. In the OLD news module, you could add text to the main content area, and if there were no other text in the summary area, the content in the main area would show up automatically as a summary. In the NEW news module, if you leave the summary field empty, nothing shows up in the summary listing, and you can't leave the main content area blank without firing an error.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it seems like it to me since you can't easily publish short news articles any more. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
alby

Post by alby »

mark wrote: I know this is supposed to be read only but I have a hosed site, tried to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2 and all I get is Attempt to use ADODB from outside of CMS...

Never had this before...
Have you tried to overwrite all files?

Alby

Return to “Announcements”