CMSMS Core Bug #1613 Preview function doesn't display additional content blocks

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
Jonny
Forum Members
Forum Members

CMSMS Core Bug #1613 Preview function doesn't display additional content blocks

Post by Jonny »

Is there a chance this longstanding bug will be fixed before v2.0?

It's currently unassigned and as yet has had no developer followup.

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/tracker/in ... 6&atid=101
Hare
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CMSMS Core Bug #1613 Preview function doesn't display additional content blo

Post by Hare »

Any news regarding this? I just installed 1.2.3 and this is still broken.

I'm doing a site with two text columns (blocks) and can't really give editors a chance to mess around without a functioning preview. Since CMSMS doesn't have a "revert to previous page version" feature, there's really no way to let novice users use the system.

Any tips how to fix the preview. Even complicated hacks are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Hare on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CMSMS Core Bug #1613 Preview function doesn't display additional content blocks

Post by Ted »

It's fixed in the 2.0 code.  Unfortunately, it took me rewriting preview entirely to make this work, so porting this back to the 1.2.x series is going to be pretty difficult to pull off.
Hare
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CMSMS Core Bug #1613 Preview function doesn't display additional content blo

Post by Hare »

Thanks for your quick reply Ted.

I quess I'll have to learn to live with this (or the users have to learn). I quess I'll need a few extra cron backups to make sure that there's always something to revert to if this doesn't work.

We could really use a functioning module that would keep let's say the last 5 edits backed up so that the user could easily revert back if he did something weird.

Anyway, looking forward to 2.0 (not just because of this issue).
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Have you looked at archiver module?...

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/archiver/
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,
Ted wrote: It's fixed in the 2.0 code.  Unfortunately, it took me rewriting preview entirely to make this work, so porting this back to the 1.2.x series is going to be pretty difficult to pull off.
Well done ! Thank you for this cool feature.
I suggest you append (copy-paste) these two sentences to the comments in the bug report in the forge. This way you won't have to take time to answer this question again. And people will see bug reports are seen, read and "responded".

Pierre M.
Hare
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Hare »

mark wrote: Have you looked at archiver module?...

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/archiver/
I believe I tried it but it was broken? I'll give it a go and see if it works on 1.2.3. Thanks for the tip.

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”