CMSMS 1.11 - Galapagos

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: CMSMS 1.11 - Galapagos

Post by calguy1000 »

Please do NOT report issues with third party modules here. Contact the module developer directly. Posts in official boards related to third party modules will be deleted.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Notifications Not Working (displaying on my 1.11 install)

Post by fearmydesign »

Hello, I just did a clean installation of 1.11 in order to get familiar with everything before I get into upgrading from 1.10.3 - So far everything with the installation has been 'smooth'. I have installed modules without any issues etc.

I do notice a couple of minor things in my opinion; and maybe it's just me. But you know on the top-left hand corner, where the 'Notifications' display, if I click on it, it will not show them... where it says "You have 2 unhandled notifications" - I know by default that 1 is for the 'install' directory and the other for the CMSMailer, so I am not worried... but when I click on it or the little envelope icon, it doesn't do anything... before it would show me the notifications.

The only other thing I noticed, is that if you click the main navigation menus on the left hand side, they don't expand or do anything *unless* you specifically click on the *icon* - again, not a big deal... but at first I thought something had gone wrong with the installationl; but clicking over the icons seem to work.

Great job by the way on version 1.11 so far looks great!
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

@fearmydesign

You should be more specific:
a) What browser?
b) What OS?
c) JavaScript turned on?

Beta process was long, there was not a single report with these issues.
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by fearmydesign »

uniqu3 wrote:@fearmydesign

You should be more specific:
a) What browser?
b) What OS?
c) JavaScript turned on?

Beta process was long, there was not a single report with these issues.
Yeah, than it's probably my computer or installation... I am using Google Chrome, but funny I just tried it on my Firefox & IE and same thing... it may be my installation I suppose. Here is a screen shot of the IE - here I am trying to click on Layout where the arrow is, and it will not expand or do anything... it's probably my installation. Thanks
Attachments
CMSMS_delete.jpg
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

I had a problem yesterday after upgrading from 1943 > 1103 > 111, none of the right menu main items were clickable no matter where I tried, Notifications weren't opening, for some reason today they work fine, strange...
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by fearmydesign »

Dr.CSS wrote:I had a problem yesterday after upgrading from 1943 > 1103 > 111, none of the right menu main items were clickable no matter where I tried, Notifications weren't opening, for some reason today they work fine, strange...
Yeah, I'll try again tomorrow to see if anything changed... I restarted my computer but same thing. By the way, I tried the mobile admin on my iphone and everything works great!
donia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by donia »

I have a general question about the upgrading process and how not lose the existing data I have in my old installation. I currently have version 1.10.3 on all my sites. I went through the process of installing 1.11 over my smallest site, having backed everything up before hand, and it seems all of my data was overwritten. I figured I needed to ensure I checked the "create tables" option, in case there were new or changed table structures, and did not install the sample data. Things just went haywire from there. I wouldn't mind using my backup to create all of the pages over again for my small site, but I wouldn't want to do it for my larger sites. I've never had this problem before. Could someone please give me their thoughts about the general process of upgrading when there is no upgrade file available for download?

Thank you.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
donia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by donia »

Thank you. I had a different upgrade wiki page bookmarked, and it did not include that step. Interesting. Thanks for the quick response.
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

Could it be that it isn't possible anymore to show a detailview of expired news articles?

I have a contentpage with a tag {news showall=1}
This shows all articles, including expired ones.

When clicking on a 'more'-link to a detailview, it will show the 404-errorpage when the article is expired. The links work well on non-expired articles.

I filed a bugreport here: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/8206
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

You know... this is entirely possible. I will have to check it out.

However, there is a problem... with {news showall=1}, when pretty urls are enabled there is no way for the detail view to know that it's NOT supposed to throw a 404 error when an expired article is requested.

Not exactly sure what to do about this.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
rotezecke
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by rotezecke »

After my upgrade from 1.10.3. to 1.11 (with multiple other problems) the {print} tag stopped working, in fact using it makes my {menu} and {search} disappear (and my UDTs). changing {print} to {cms_module module='CMSPrinting'} brings back the print icon (and the menu, search + UDTs !). However, the documentation for CMSPrinting module states that {print} is still a valid way to call the module.

I didn't file a bug report as I have too many other problems to rule out error on my end. maybe someone can verify if {print} is still good?

EDIT: I use params with my print statement, I also noticed that 'print' is no longer listed under my Tags, but 1.10.3. still had it there.

Mario

CMSMS 1.11
CMSMailer 5.2.1
FileManager 1.4.0
MenuManager 1.8.2
ModuleManager 1.5.5
News 2.12.7
Search 1.7.6
TinyMCE 2.10.1
CGSimpleSmarty 1.5.1
CGExtensions 1.29.1
CGBlog 1.9.8
CGFeedback 1.5.7
Captcha 0.4.5
FormBuilder 0.7.3
IE6Warning 1.03
Showtime 3.2
CMSPrinting 1.0.2

Server: Linux Debian Lenny 2.6.26-1-686 kernel
apache 2.2.9-10
mysql 5.0.51a-24
php 5.2.6-1
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

{print showbutton=true} on my virgin 1.11 install, and on my 'development' install both work fine.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Notifications Not Working (displaying on my 1.11 install

Post by Jos »

fearmydesign wrote:The only other thing I noticed, is that if you click the main navigation menus on the left hand side, they don't expand or do anything *unless* you specifically click on the *icon* - again, not a big deal... but at first I thought something had gone wrong with the installationl; but clicking over the icons seem to work.
I can confirm this, but only when I have the admin-section of CGFeedback active. So this is probably a module issue? Indeed not a big deal.
Last edited by Jos on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

calguy1000 wrote:Not exactly sure what to do about this.
My suggestion would be to delete the time restrictions from the query in the get_article_by_id method, then leave it up to the user if he wants to show a 404 on expired articles. I guess the detailtemplate can handle that by adding a tag like {redirect_page}

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”