Admin panel has no css

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Admin panel has no css

Post by tsw »

yup, sounds like the file is missing or broken (reupload might help) or if the file is missing from the module package poke the author.

if you begin to see some strange problems you might want to raise the memory limit to 32mb (especially if you have lots of modules installed)
Steve_T
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Steve_T »

I DL'd the Capcha Module and yes there were more files in this than there were on the server. I uploaded them but it has not fixed the problem. Is it better to install modules by FTP rather than through the module manager?

I think I'm going to delete this install and start over. Spending way too much time on this one problem
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tsw »

Some people have had bad experience with lousy ftp clients. I don't really use ftp myself (its a bit insecure).

if you have a ssh connection to the server you can do the installation on the server just:

cd modules
wget http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/....whatev ... u_want.tgz
tar -zxvf thepackageyoudownloaded.tar.gz

This way you save your own bandwidth (which is probably a lot less than the server bandwidth).

Module manager basically does the same thing (it gets the file from our "repo" server and unpacks and installs it).

If you use ftp be sure to check "overwrite files" and set the mode to binary (or auto if you trust your ftp client)
Steve_T
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Steve_T »

the problem was missing files. My server host (Rackspace) copied these over and fixed for me. Very generous as I don't think this comes under tech support.

I now have the admin panel back. I shall avoid installing modules this way in future. Tech support thought the memory limit (now up to 32 MB) may have contributed to this. I shall also avoid FTP

he also said I had the "register_globals" option switched off  which might be a problem
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

[solved]  ?...
Steve_T
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Steve_T »

yes it is solved but I can't change the topic title as it is not my thread

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”