cms mle metadata [solved] \o/

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
manurevah
Forum Members
Forum Members

cms mle metadata [solved] \o/

Post by manurevah »

bongiorno,

i just stumbled upon an issue with the metada stuff.
the metadata field per page is mono-language for now, is there a way to modify the tables the same way the others are ?  not sure if i'm being clear, basicly is it possible to "ALTER TABLE metada"  ?
Last edited by manurevah on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Re: cms mle metadata

Post by alby »

manurevah wrote: bongiorno,
:D

manurevah wrote: i just stumbled upon an issue with the metada stuff.
the metadata field per page is mono-language for now, is there a way to modify the tables the same way the others are ?  not sure if i'm being clear, basicly is it possible to "ALTER TABLE metada"  ?
Good question!
Sorry in this moment no but a works around (for a little number of pages) is:
add in header:

Code: Select all

<head>
{metadata}
{content block="metadata" wysiwyg=false}
</head>
in metadata tag add common meta and in block content specific meta

Alby
manurevah
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by manurevah »

i was not quite sure about what exactly you where trying to tell me...  : ] 
as i know you know what you are talking about and may i say, wow, this is sweet.. .  even better than i thought actually.

to resume, yes i added "{content block="metadata" wysiwyg=false}" to the template in the header section, then for each page of content there is a new field right under content called metadata, and as the content itself, it is language specifc. 

so now i can have some meta things being common, and some being language specific.

excellent  \o/

merci beaucoup Alby.
alby

Post by alby »

manurevah wrote: i was not quite sure about what exactly you where trying to tell me...  : ] 
as i know you know what you are talking about and may i say, wow, this is sweet.. .  even better than i thought actually.

to resume, yes i added "{content block="metadata" wysiwyg=false}" to the template in the header section, then for each page of content there is a new field right under content called metadata, and as the content itself, it is language specifc. 

so now i can have some meta things being common, and some being language specific.

excellent  \o/

merci beaucoup Alby.
From CMSMS MLE 1.2.1 EXTENDED metadata and descriptions fields are multilingual

Alby

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”