Statistics 0.5.1, now counting a bit less like a drunk person

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Statistics 0.5.1, now counting a bit less like a drunk person

Post by Silmarillion »

Hello all

After several more or less useful releases I think I have finally ironed out enough braindead bugs to actually announcing a release of my Statistics module. It can be downloaded from the wiki-page, and I hope some will give it a shot. It is far from complete, but the information which I do not yet present within the administration, is gathered, just have to get to the presetation part.
I'd be glad to hear of any problem or suggestions from you. I have severe ideas of my own, but let me hear yours as well. Graphic counters, real graphic charts, frontend presentation of statistics are among my future goals.

Please not I have not yet moved completely to the builtin module-translation'o'matic system, so please do not consider translations until I'm done implementing this.

Have fun!

Best regards
Morten/Silmarillion
arwecdjc

Re: Statistics 0.5.1, now counting a bit less like a drunk person

Post by arwecdjc »

For the first time it seems to work fine for me. I only encountered one problem during the installation of this version. Upgrading from 0.5 to 0.5.1 worked without any problem, but upgrading directly from 0.4 to 0.5.1 gave me the following error message after clicking the upgrade link:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/xxx/modules/Statistics/Statistics.module.php on line 94

But upgrading first 0.4 to 0.5 and afterwards 0.5 to 0.5.1 worked fine. So it is not a big problem at all.
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Silmarillion »

Hi arwecdjc

Great that it is finally working for you! Sorry for wasting your time earlier... Don't know why or how it seemed to work for myself with some of those bugs in it.
Thanks for pointing out the upgrade-problem. It's been fixed and a new version should be along shortly...

Best regards
Morten/Silmarillion
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I have a suggestion for the Statistics module.... what I really really want is to count the number of visits to a page.... would this be hard to add?

another feature.... it would be nice to have the ability to ignore certain subnets in the counting.  i.e:  I don't want it counting when I access my website from my internal subnet, or from work, but if somebody else accesses it.... then count it.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”