Default language for Modules should be the "default frontend language" if avail

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Default language for Modules should be the "default frontend language" if avail

Post by RonnyK »

Why aren't the modules looking at the "default language for frontend" in Global Settings as a first language. I would like the modules to check there first, instead of having to explicitly adding "lang=...." to every module-calling. Changing the language would than be easier as well. If that language is not available in the module/lang then it go to the current default (en_US).

Ronny
rocket
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Default language for Modules should be the "default frontend language" if av

Post by rocket »

I would agree with that as well, it would make it much easier and cleaner as well
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Default language for Modules should be the "default frontend language" if av

Post by calguy1000 »

I'm surprised your having difficulty.  I changed my default language in global settings to 'italian' the other day to test a reported bug in News, and the News summary showed up fine in italian, without a lang= parameter on the tag.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
alby

Post by alby »

Sometimes has happened to me and, in version MLE, I have forced use of $gCms->current_language.

ATTENTION because $config['locale'] wins vs 'frontendlang'
In class.module.inc.php:

Code: Select all

$this->curlang = get_site_preference('frontendlang','');
if (isset($config['locale']) && $config['locale'] != '') {
    $this->curlang = $config['locale'];
}
Alby

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”