News script modification

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

News script modification

Post by carasmo »

Hello,

I've searched the web high and low for a decent, open source CMS, and this is the one I want, but it has some problems with news.

I'd like the following implemented:

Back and Next article in the article detail display (not just the summary)
Titles of the articles in the title bar - I think I have this but it messes up some other things (see below)
seo friendly urls category/name_of_article_goes_here.html
rss with the correct linking for the seo friendly urls

So far, even with hacks, I can't figure the back and next article in the detail display. I'm willing to pay as I need this for many, many sites. Please send me a quote. I've posted a link in code (so hopefully it won't be followed) is what I have so far with the titles and seo friendly urls using something I found on the boards last year. I'm using News 2.5. Since this site is getting worked on, the paths will need to remain the same.

What I've done here makes the detailtemplate not work for some reason. I can't figure that out either.

Code: Select all

www.truedharma.org/beta/articles.html
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: News script modification

Post by calguy1000 »

I'm swamped at the moment with side work, but I suggest you try PM'ing _SjG_ or Silmalarrion and see if they are interested. 
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by carasmo »

Scratching head. I don't know how to PM, what is it?

Thanks though. When will your plate clear up? I'm thinking of using snews for now and then working on this for a different situation and for packages in the future. Haven't made up my mind yet.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

carasmo wrote: I don't know how to PM, what is it?
PM means Personal Message - click on forum user name and you will see a box with some informations about the clicked user. After this box you will found a link

Send this member a personal message.

;)
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Are you needing the summary and then the detail of news article or can you just use the detail part?...
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by carasmo »

Hi there,

Both. Back and Next in the News Detail and in the Summary, page numbers or some kind of easy pagination for large amounts of articles per category.

Titles of the articles in the title bar -- I thought I had this, but it doesn't work as expected. It removes the ability to target a detail page or a detail template with the hack I used

seo friendly urls category/name_of_article_goes_here.html -- I thought I had this, but it doesn't work as expected. It removes the ability to target a detail page or a detail template with the hack I used

rss with the correct linking for the seo friendly urls  -- I thought I had this, but it doesn't work as expected. It removes the ability to target a detail page or a detail template with the hack I used

Thanks!

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”