[solved] Error installing FormBuilder

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

[solved] Error installing FormBuilder

Post by RonnyK »

Quote from the original message
RichardC wrote: I've read [url=http://"http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/topic,14434.0.html#msg71373"]here[/url] that FeedBackForm is deprecated. Now I've got a website which still uses this module, and I recently upgraded it. I saw the Formbuilder module in the modules. It was downloaded, but not installed. So I clicked install, and I got this message:

You need the "Modify Forms" permission to perform that operation.

Now I've checked the permissions I have, and I have all permissions, except for "Modify Files", since I've installed the other filemanager module.

Am I doing something wrong here?
With a quick fix:
Greg wrote: Remove line 10 from method.install.php in the modules/FormBuilder folder

Code: Select all

if (! $this->CheckAccess()) exit;
Ronny
Last edited by RonnyK on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardC
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Error installing FormBuilder

Post by RichardC »

As an addition, I found another topic on this with a possible solution, which turned out not to be a solution.

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 121.0.html

I have used a website with a 1.0.6 installation which was still using FeedBackForm. I figured I'd first install FormBuilder before I'd do an upgrade. So I chose 'Download & Install' on the FormBuilder module. Obviously it didn't install, but it was downloaded nonetheless, so I removed the check. The installation worked flawlessly after that.

When I re-created the form in FormBuilder and modified the page where the form should be, I figured I could delete the FeedBackForm module. Since there doesn't seem to be a 'Remove' link, I simply used the method described in the other post that I found, and used FTP to delete the FeedBackForm. It is deleted, but one small problem remains on the CMSMailer:

Installed
Has Dependents (FeedbackForm,FormBuilder)
Cannot Remove

So I guess to do this right you should follow this procedure:

* 'Download & Install' FormBuilder
* Modify the method.install.php
* Install FormBuilder and check permissions
* Re-create the forms, and modify the page(s)
* Uninstall the FeedBackForm module
* Delete the FeedBackForm module using FTP

--- edit ---
I've found that I can't uninstall the FeedBackForm module when I am at version 1.0.6.
-------------
Last edited by RichardC on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

If you need to uninstall it you may want to try going to it in FTP and just delete the folder...
RichardC
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by RichardC »

If I delete the folder, I still see on CMSMailer:

Installed
Has Dependents (FeedbackForm,FormBuilder)
Cannot Remove

But FormFeedBack is gone from the modules, that's true, but it's not properly uninstalled. It leaves some garbage in the system.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Very little garbage just a line in the Modules page, the only way to get it all the way out is to down grade to your previous ver. of CMSMS then uninstall it then upgrade again...
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

As of version CMSMS 1.1.2, deprecated Modules are shown/marked in the Module Manager. They can also be uninstalled/deleted.

I mark this topic as [solved]

Ronny
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: [solved] Error installing FormBuilder

Post by calguy1000 »

Also..... if you've deleted a module by hand without first running its install procedure then there is still some remaining stuff in the database for this module.  It didn't get a chance to be removed.  You can 'trick' CMS into thinking a module is removed by deleting a record from the modules table, but use caution with this.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”