0.10 "Antigua" Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 0.10 "Antigua" Released!

Post by Ted »

Ah, ok.  Well, there you have it.  I'll find time to figure out the proper logic today.
Alex_Leipzig

Post by Alex_Leipzig »

Thank you! By the way, I'll drop by the post office tonight and send off your mag...
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

OK. I've tried all your suggestions and the FTP client definitely managed to fail on a couple of things.

Cleared the cahce as well. Same.

So, I still get a blank page, which is just really odd, no? What could cause this?

I was upgrading from 0.9.2.

Could the .10 zip archive be incomplete? Or am I missing something entirely.

The missing image in the admin login still isn't appearing and I think this is especially odd. If I knew what it was called and where it was (admin/themes/banner.png?) I could verify its existence.

NB: One curious thing is that the Modules section of the admin told me nothing needed to be upgraded. Not even News?? I'm sure 0.9.2 wasn't running v2.

NBB: I'm happy to take this out of this thread so please PM any possible solutions. Cheers! The sweat is just now starting to bead on my worrying forehead.
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

I found the problem but don't know how to fix it.

None of  my templates are appearing:
  • The templates column in Content view is displaying nothing.
  • There is no drop-down list to select a template ffrom Page edit screen.
  • In fact, there is no Templates section at all under Contents.
Erm...help?!
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ummm...  you ran the upgrade script?
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

Of course. Do I look Australian?

There was far too much confusion as to what had and hadn't been updated as a result of an incomplete FTP transfer. The database looked fine. All tables and content accounted for.

Just did the following:

1. Backed up DB.
2. Uploaded .10 contents again.
3. Ran installer again with interesting results.

Code: Select all

CMS is in need of an upgrade.

You are now running schema [b]version 9[/b] and you need to be upgraded to version 10.

Please click here to complete it.
Obviously something got screwed.

All is now good in the world. Apologies for any potential scare.

The interface looks better and better with every upgrade. Nice work guys.

NB: Perhaps my new status as a CMS Know-it-all helped. ;)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Too many close calls around here these days...  Obviously I need to put some kind of file checks and database checks in places they aren't in now.

Isn't it amazing how 100 posts make you a know it all?  It's like in the US, you turn 16, and are automatically mature enough to drive (even though there are 55 years old's that aren't).
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

You calling me a bad driver? ;)

It's hardly your fault that my paid for FTP client can't do its job. Don't beat yourself up over it.

You guys provide a terrific installer, which is far more than I can say for most other CMSs out there.

Two wee things I have noticed since that may be bugs.

1. After submitting a custom page the admin window displays as empty but the custom 404 page displays as expected. Wierd.

2. I'm getting the following Smarty error.

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "template:displaysummary" in /hsphere/local/home/ashminc/ashm.org.au/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1088

And my primary news page provides:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in db:news_and_media line 94]: syntax error: expecting '=' after attribute name 'j' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 1532) in /hsphere/local/home/ashminc/ashm.org.au/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1088

I assume the syntax for summary has changed. Is the method different now? Must I create summary and detail templates as per the new interface?

I think Piratos posted something about this somewhere but I can't find a thread on the new version of this module. Should I be using the tpl files in the templates folder or is there some documentation anywhere I can refer to?

Dang! Just when I had the last one down pat.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

1. That's a weird one, all right.  I'll look into it.

2. The upgrade should have created the summary and detail templates for you.  If not, I can paste them somewhere for you to copy in.  The basic deal is that if you have a summary for that article, it will display the summary and a more link.  Click on the title or more link, and get to a detail page which is essentially the detail template replacing the {content} area.  However, the logic is a little messed up as Alex pointed out earlier and I need to work on it a bit.

Not enough time these days...
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Alex, are you using something from an svn release and just upgraded to 0.10?  The summary template for News is different now...

<!-- Start News Display Template -->
{foreach from=$items item=entry}

<p>

{$entry->titlelink}

<br />{$entry->category}

{if $entry->postdate}

<br />{$entry->postdate|date_format}

{/if}

{if $entry->summary}

<br />{$entry->summary}
<br />[{$entry->morelink}]

{else if $entry->content}

<br />{$entry->content}

{/if}

</p>

{/foreach}
<!-- End News Display Template -->
The logic look right to me as far as showing either the summary OR the content on a case by case basis...
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

alex wrote: Thank you! By the way, I'll drop by the post office tonight and send off your mag...
Alex, thanks so much.  I got the magazine in the mail today.  Sure, I don't know any German, but it's nice for prosperity.  :)
Alex_Leipzig

Post by Alex_Leipzig »

wishy wrote: Alex, are you using something from an svn release and just upgraded to 0.10?  The summary template for News is different now...
That might be it! I upgraded and kept my templates - didn't know that they changed as well.
wishy wrote: Alex, thanks so much.  I got the magazine in the mail today.  Sure, I don't know any German, but it's nice for prosperity.  :)
Amazing how fast it arrived! I sent it without any "extras". Enjoy it, anyway, and keep it in a nice frame above your bed... ;-)
BlueRook

Post by BlueRook »

This update has given me some problems in the admin section. I wondering if anyone could point me at the file/files that might be causing the problems. I have looked some and haven't seen any missing files or old one yet.

Problem: Most menu items and sub category items show don't show up as normal (comparing against a known good install).

Getting the following type of stuff on most menus and on the title of the page.

Content
--Add Me - contentdescription --
--Add Me - subitems --: --Add Me - pages --

extensions

--Add Me - extensions --
--Add Me - extensionsdescription --
--Add Me - subitems --: Tags, Bookmarks
Thanks in advance.
BlueRook

Post by BlueRook »

Nevermind. Just reuploaded the admin directory and all is now working.
Steve Mack

Post by Steve Mack »

wishy wrote: Well, it's finally here!  Here is the ChangeLog:

* Added multiple content blocks

[snip]

Akrabat did a great job on multiple content blocks. 
Fabulous! So how do the multiple content blocks work? I'm playing around with the version on opensourcecms.org and I can't figure out how it works, nor find any doco anywere. This CMS is the strongest I've looked at so far. Great Job!

Return to “Announcements”