2 1/2 bugs in SQLite-install: easy fixes

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
dirksalewski

2 1/2 bugs in SQLite-install: easy fixes

Post by dirksalewski »

Hello Developers, hello NG,

while trying to install cmsms without mysql, selecting the sqlite backend instead, I ran into several problems:

First I was denied access to the sqlite-Database. I fixed this by creating a file cms.sqlite in $cms_root and giving it correct permissons (poor apache needs to write it). Wouldn't it be sensible if somebody made a corresponding addition to INSTALL.txt?

Then I ran into another problem: the installer said that he wasn't able to locate sqlitepo_datadict.inc in folder ~/lib/adodb_lite_adodbSQL_drivers/sqlitepo. A quick check told me that this was nothing to wonder about - folder sqlitepo simply didn't exist. I guessed correctly that I could fix the problem with two symlinks: sqlitepo to folder sqlite and sqlitepo_datadict.inc to sqlite_datadict.inc in that very folder.

The last remaining bug was the installer complaining about not being able to execute line 161 in adodb.inc.php. That line is responsible for initializing a new class of a certain type and fetches it's information about the class in case of sqlite from the above-mentioned file. So I changed line 17-19 in sqlitepo_datadict.inc to look like this (notice the pos):

Code: Select all

class ADODB2_sqlitepo extends ADODB_DataDict {

var $dbtype = 'sqlitepo';
Now, I honestly have no idea whether I will run into terrible problems later, but so far the install went smoothly. Perhaps someone with proper knowledge about php and things could verify what I did, and include a fix in the next release.

Greetings,

Dirk
dirksalewski

Re: 2 1/2 bugs in SQLite-install: easy fixes

Post by dirksalewski »

Aaargh...

DON'T try that! I definitely ran into problems later. Changed so many files now that I have forgotten how to roll back. Will have to reinstall. Is it possible that the sqlite-option is not really stable or something?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

We don't support sqlite as an option.

You use sqlite at your own risk.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Dirk Salewski wrote: Is it possible that the sqlite-option is not really stable or something?
Have you tried to upgrade to current adodb lite version or switch to big brother adodb?

I've read it runs better with sqlite ...
dirksalewski

Post by dirksalewski »

cyberman wrote: Have you tried to upgrade to current adodb lite version or switch to big brother adodb?

I've read it runs better with sqlite ...
Hello cyberman,

thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I have, and indeed both of them run better than the bundled version (or rather run at all - I wonder why the bundled version isn't being replaced). I started a little sqlite-howto which I'll post when I'm finished, but I run into another problem now. After installation my site comes up sort of fine, except for an annoying message on top which says:

Warning: sqlite_create_function() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /<docroot>/<subdir>/lib/adodb.functions.php on line 76
I looked into that file but I couldn't figure out what it does so far. It seems to me that something fails earlier (expected resource = null => name of the database?), so line 76 doesn't work as supposed, but what remained unclear to me.

I switched on debugging in config.php, and I get LOADS of messages which I could post if anybody was interested. However there seems to be everything o.k., no problem messages or something, mostly messages like this:

Debug: (0.378706) - (4366776)
<hr />
(sqlite): PRAGMA short_column_names = 1;   
<hr />
Any ideas so far?

Dirk
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Hmm, I could give a try. Which CMsms version do you are using?
Dirk Salewski wrote: I started a little sqlite-howto which I'll post when I'm finished,
Sounds great  :) ... Version 1.1 will have all current versions (adodb lite, smarty ...).
dirksalewski

Post by dirksalewski »

cyberman wrote: Hmm, I could give a try. Which CMsms version do you are using?
It would be great if you did so. There is apparently no *proper* cms supporting this out there (apart from papaya - and that one's got a horrible flash (!) interface, unusable with 64bit-browsers). It would give CMSMS sort of a unique selling proposition.

My CMSMS-Version is 1.0.6, "version.php" says

$CMS_VERSION = "1.0.6";
$CMS_VERSION_NAME = "Niihau";
$CMS_SCHEMA_VERSION = "28";
Thank you for your investigations.

Greetings,

Dirk
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Have you tried big AdoDB? Lite version has trouble with sqlite.

As Calguy said CMsms is not really ready for sqlite, modules and some other parts needs some modifications to work correctly. Search module will not work with sqlite.

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”