Disable Extensions

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
smallz

Disable Extensions

Post by smallz »

Hi Guys,

First off I really want to say what an amazing system CMS Made Simple really is.  I've been using phpnuke for years - although it was very powerful, I could never use it for my web design clients because it was complicated for them to use.  This system will really make a big difference to me, thank you so much.

Just a quick question (I'm very new to CMSMS).  When I get my clients to edit their sites, I want the system to be so simple that they won't be confused about anything.  Therefore, I've created a new user, and disabled most of the functions from their administration panel.  The thing I can't seem to disable however, is the 'extensions' group.

Is there any way to disable this group for a particular user?

If you could offer any advise on this it'd be much appreciated.

Kindest regards,

John
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Disable Extensions

Post by calguy1000 »

You don't mention what version of CMS Made Simple you're using.  But I think this problem is solved in the later versions (though I could be wrong).
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
smallz

Re: Disable Extensions

Post by smallz »

Hi Calguy,

Thanks for your response.  I'm using the latest version of CMSMS (1.0.6) on my windows PC (before I upload it to my linux server).

Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”