Integrated Network Systems

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
kingfhb

Integrated Network Systems

Post by kingfhb »

http://www.integsys.com

Comments Welcome.

Thanks
WiseQ

Re: Integrated Network Systems

Post by WiseQ »

Nice site, but you definetly need to clean up some code if you intend to use the xhtml 1.0 transitional doctype.
Check your page at http://validator.w3.org/.

Regards
WiseQ
kingfhb

Post by kingfhb »

Hmmm... Okay, I changed the code to be compliant with XHTML using Tidy. However, when I run the check you listed, it still shows errors, where Tidy does not... any thoughts?
WiseQ

Post by WiseQ »

Your code is definetly not xhtml 1.0 strict compliant yet, even if Tidy says so.
I would recommend that you carefully read the error output that you get from http://validator.w3.org/, its quite explanatory. If you do not understand the errors, then you should read the specifications for the doctype that you are using, and perhaps change to a less demanding doctype than xhtml 1.0 strict.

Regards
WiseQ
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Utter »

Errors and whatnot aside it IS a very nice clean site.

How have you organised the content into two columns?

Utter
koehler

Post by koehler »

kingfhb wrote: any thoughts?
Of course, just remove the xhtml issues listed by the w3c validator. iI is more important to have
a proper code than the bells&whistles.

Please also take a look at the options you have at the validator (for example "show source") to
speed cleanup a bit.

If i where your customer then i would not agree to pay your service until this is fixed.

Regards,

Michael
kingfhb

Post by kingfhb »

WiseQ wrote: Your code is definetly not xhtml 1.0 strict compliant yet, even if Tidy says so.
I would recommend that you carefully read the error output that you get from http://validator.w3.org/, its quite explanatory. If you do not understand the errors, then you should read the specifications for the doctype that you are using, and perhaps change to a less demanding doctype than xhtml 1.0 strict.

Regards
WiseQ
This was the doctype that Tidy added to the code. I removed it completely. Tidy then took the raw HTML and "converted" it to XHTML (Supposedly). I will take a closer look at the code since some of the errors I get are embedded in some of the CMS modules code, not my programming.
kingfhb

Post by kingfhb »

koehler wrote:
kingfhb wrote: any thoughts?
Of course, just remove the xhtml issues listed by the w3c validator. iI is more important to have
a proper code than the bells&whistles.

Please also take a look at the options you have at the validator (for example "show source") to
speed cleanup a bit.

If i where your customer then i would not agree to pay your service until this is fixed.

Regards,

Michael
"Bells and Whistles"??? Thanks for the criticism, and Whew!!! Boy am I lucky your not a customer of mine! I guess I should just go ahead a give up, maybe file for bankruptcy now huh? I love guys like you on these message boards who seem to think everyone should just know everything and thinking you know more makes you better than everyone else.

Then again, you would not be my customer because you would already know how to develop your own site right?

Well, thanks again!
kingfhb

Post by kingfhb »

Utter wrote: Errors and whatnot aside it IS a very nice clean site.

How have you organised the content into two columns?

Utter
The template is designed so that the news items appear in one column and the main body or content section appears in the main column. However, the main column is still just one content item in the CMS. If you click through the pages, you will see the only thing that actually changes is the main column.

The HTML blob section helps a lot also in some cases. I was doing another site for someone else and used it frequently. Then again, with a slight modification to the news module, you could do the same thing and manage it from it's own admin part. I also had to make a minor change to the calendar module so that the events would not appear as bullets in the calendar and listed out underneath it.

Thanks for the compliments!!
koehler

Post by koehler »

kingfhb wrote: "Bells and Whistles"??? Thanks for the criticism, and Whew!!! Boy am I lucky your not a customer of mine! I guess I should just go ahead a give up, maybe file for bankruptcy now huh? I love guys like you on these message boards who seem to think everyone should just know everything and thinking you know more makes you better than everyone else.
Then again, you would not be my customer because you would already know how to develop your own site right?
Well, thanks again!

Kingfhb,

it is not in my intention to profile myself better or greater than you.

You asked about comments and i answered.

I'm sorry that my pedantic answer set you bad. So please dont
take it to serious.. guess you dont mind issues with improper html.

Regards,

Michael

Return to “CMS Show Off”